A couple weeks ago Sky had to work Saturday so he got another day off during the week and normally we don't really do anything but we decided that it'd be fun to take a trip on Frontrunner down to Gateway and hang out downtown.
We were going to miss the train that was leaving from the 24th Street station in Ogden so we zipped on down to Layton and waited a few minutes for the train to get there.
We were going to miss the train that was leaving from the 24th Street station in Ogden so we zipped on down to Layton and waited a few minutes for the train to get there.
(On a sidenote: I also got my haircut a couple weeks ago, it's pretty much the first time that I've gone in with something in mind and gotten an actual "style" instead of just a trim, I love it! Thanks Lace!)
Once we were on the train, we tried to get a family picture and this was the only one we got with all three of our faces kind of in it, whoops. I didn't really see any other people on the train going down or coming back, does nobody ride Frontrunner or what? We probably just were riding it at random times.
If you can't tell, Selma was pretty tired since it was nap time on the way down so she looks pretty out of it. She was neither here nor there on whether she liked it or not but on the way back she was all over the place.
We made it down the the main station and didn't really know where to go from there. Luckily we made it onto a Trax train or we would have had to wait for a little bit in the scorching hot sun.
While we were down there we:
- Grabbed an Orange Julius and some McD's fries at the food court
- Window shopped (and didn't buy anything! We were pretty proud of ourselves since we're trying to budget better, we've never been that good at it (any tips on budgeting are welcomed, I'd love to hear what works for people!))
- Looked at dutch ovens at Dick's since Sky's been wanting to camp with a dutch oven all summer but all they had was a big huge one, where are all the dutch ovens?!
- Window shopped some more
- Hung out in the air-conditioned, good-smelling Barnes and Noble for a bit
- Were going to play with Selma in the fountains but she was napping in her stroller and we didn't make it back that way
- Rode Trax down to Temple Square and walked around
A pair of sweet sister missionaries got one of us all together. It's nice having all of our faces in one picture :)
After Temple Square, we rode Trax back to Gateway and grabbed some yummy dinner at California Pizza Kitchen since we're not down at Gateway often and hadn't eaten there in forever, boy have we been missing out, it was so good!

We were pretty pooped after so no pictures on the train on the way home.. We finished the day off with a fun game of Settlers with our friends the Rollins, what a great day! (Even though Sommer won :)
We were pretty pooped after so no pictures on the train on the way home.. We finished the day off with a fun game of Settlers with our friends the Rollins, what a great day! (Even though Sommer won :)
9 comments:
We've been wanting to ride the frontrunner but didn't know how to get around once we got to SLC. It's good to know that you can access a Trax train from frontrunner. I like your haircut!
oh you played settlers without me thats messed up!
Sounds like a fun little trip down to Salt Lake. I've only rode the front runner once with Shad, it was pretty nice. We decided driving is faster and cheaper for us though but it was fun to try at least once. And nice job just window shopping!
booyah!!! I WON.. but stu won last time.. lame!!!
so fun! mp takes the train every day to work and I still long to ride it! how fun and what cute pics!
Your hair is WAY cute, I love it!
haha that is awesome! I LOVE the frontrunner... it is a fun change to get to SLC. Your hair is way cute. Thanks for the update!
Looks like you had a fun day! I have to say you have one of the cutest baby girls ever!!
How fun! She is getting SO big!! And your hair is super cute Steph!
Post a Comment