Yes, I know I've been a slacker, there're just too many things to do in the summer right? Not to mention, I started school this week and have been trying to get back into the swing of things. Luckily, I finally figured out what my major is and I feel so good about it that I'm actually excited for school! Yay for Family Studies! The plan is that once all of our kids are in school, I'll probably get my Masters and be a school counselor like my dear mother. I can't tell you how amazing it feels to have a plan and know what I want to do with my degree, so freeing!!
So, anywho, rather than doing a million posts, I'll save my sanity (and your time) and combine them all into one post and let the pictures do most of the talking...
So, anywho, rather than doing a million posts, I'll save my sanity (and your time) and combine them all into one post and let the pictures do most of the talking...
It's What Fun Is!!
Earlier this summer, Selma and I got to go to Lagoon with my dad, my two half-sibs, Joey and Isabella, and two of my bros, Jake and Dan.
We went to Laguna Beach, had a little picnic, took Selma on her first ride (the little kid version of the Tidal Wave) and had a blast taking Joey on his first rides.
plus mine, count 'em, 3 kids, for 5 days while house-sitting for my dad while they went on vacation. I've only ever had Selma and an occasional baby-sitting job so to go from that to an 8 year old, a 2 year old and Selma was a little crazy!
I kept them busy though and we did a ton of fun things like the Treehouse Museum, the Splash Pad, bowling, going to different parks, the Classic Fun Center, playing Donkey Kong Country 2 (my personal favorite), etc. It really was fun and I just hope they don't hate me since I didn't let them get away with much :) I sure love them though!!
Wells Fargo Partay
Sky's branch had a summer party down at the Ogden Nature Park where we BBQed and everyone else threw around a football, frisbee and hit some golf balls.
I guess Sky and I are the only ones with a kind in his branch so I spent my time trying to keep her occupied.
She did a pretty good job herself though, probably not the most sanitary thing but a little dirt never hurt anybody right? Hehe..
White Trash Bash
Our good friends Stu and Sommer threw an awesome White Trash Bash in celebration of Sommer's birthday. They went all out with their bras and lingerie hanging on the fence, Nascar posters all around, Nascar party favors, Spam, Twinkies, and Sommer's double-wide trailer cake.
These next two girls had the greatest, trashiest outfits ever! Both had the bootylicious shorts, one had a tramp stamp, and one had a Hooters shirt, they went all out!
Sky had an awesome outfit too, courtesy of Savers. Now he wasn't trying to call the Jazz trashy, he just wanted to wear a jersey and that's all he had. I loved his beer bottle opener bling, stay classy my friend.
I swear my outfit looked trashier up close, oh well, not much you can do and still stay modest :) My favorite part? Topping off our costumes with our "white-trash" diaper-only baby, love you Selma!
aka the hike I almost didn't make it back from. This hike seriously kicked my butt. Maybe it was the fact that my loving family suggested that we take the "short-cut" that would allow us to bypass the switchbacks. Maybe it was the fact that that "short-cut" made us walk an hour across the mountain in the blistering midday sun. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't eaten much that day. Maybe I'm just a wuss. I guess we'll never know :)
There was one good thing that came out of it though. When I really thought I was going to have to sit and wait for them to finish, he said that if I made it to the top that he would think about us getting a dog (which he has been adamant about us never getting) in the near future. Yippee!! Needless to say, I made it to the top and had to blog about it to lovingly remind him about his promise in the future :)
Halfway through we came to the first little waterfall and Cam (Sky's bro) and Sky decided to cool off:
Movie Extravaganza!
This summer we were able to see a few movies... My favorites? Harry Potter, The Proposal and 500 Days of Summer. This particular occasion we went to the drive-in with Chris, Mitzi and Hayes. Luckily, our babies slept through most of both movies (and I joined them during the second, Up, and fell asleep through the whole thing).
Before:
Pioneer Day Fireworks at WSU
The Sunday before Pioneer Day we went with some friends to watch the fireworks at Weber State. We played some games, watched the kiddos and finally settled in for some fireworks after the rain scare.
The Sunday before Pioneer Day we went with some friends to watch the fireworks at Weber State. We played some games, watched the kiddos and finally settled in for some fireworks after the rain scare.
Selma was sleeping when the fireworks started but she woke up halfway through and just laid on me and watched, I was worried the noises might scare her but she was a trooper and seemed to like them, even if this picture makes her look like she's terrified :)
Hey, 1 out of 7 kids looking at the camera isn't half bad, haha.. Way to go Tysha!
1st Time Sushi-Goers
A couple months ago we were able to go to this yummy sushi restaurant on 25th Street where you take off your shoes before you sit down at your table and the table is actually sunken in the floor:
It was really fun trying something new and being in such a different place, but after getting food all over herself and being a little noisy, we decided it might be a little more fun to get a babysitter next time :)
10 comments:
What a fun summer! I love all the pics. Selma gets cuter and cuter as always! I love fall too... can't wait!
Congrats on choosing your major and congrats on choosing the best major:) I just graduated from the family studies program this spring. It was so much fun I really loved the professors and classes. Everyday I'd come home and tell Graham about what I learned about how to be a better parent, or make a better marriage, or work with teens, etc... so much useful stuff that is so true and very interesting. I hope you enjoy it.
That is so exciting to start school again! I am hoping to go back next semester... I have one semester to go before I can apply into a program, which I am thinking elementary educ. but who knows! Selma is getting so big and is so cute! That sushi place sounds good, we will have to try it. We LOVE sushi....
You guys sure know how to party! Looks like so much fun!
i can't get over how cute selma is! Cute family! Lets get together! Seriously!!
Hey Steph! I got those lacey leggings at Cuddle Haven in Kaysville. They have a lot of cute leggings... we got the bright pink ones in her other pictures there as well. I LOVE the lacey leggings... if you are going to get some... get bigger. We got Pressly 12-18 months and they fit her perfect with room to grow!
Ok...the white trash bash=awesome. I freaking LOVE it. Also, that Selma is a doll!
That white trash cake was THEEE BEST! That looked like so much fun.
Also, the last picture of you, Sky and Selma is hysterical. Cute little fam you have, Steph!
A white trash party...ha sounds like a blast. ya'll look great! I cant believe how big your babe is getting she is so cute!
Post a Comment