Thursday, July 23, 2009

Selma Smash

Lately, I've been able to do a few more things with Selma's hair since it's grown a little bit.. The latest?

Pigtails:

Pretty funky looking, but I like that I can actually do her hair, even if she's my little bug or martian or, as my siblings like to say, "mommy's little devil" with her little horns :)

Normally her "hair-dos" go from easy (a bow + some gel = crazy hair):


To easier (slap a headband on and call it good):


To easiest (I had to snap a picture of this with my phone, it's the only time Selma's slept weird and woken up with bedhead, cracked me up!):


Also new on the home front is a most beloved computer program known as "Baby Smash" and let me just tell you, it is awesome!! Thanks to the Francis' for finding it (I saw it on their blog), you just download it (for FREE might I add) and it blanks out the whole screen and allows your baby to hit the keys and it pulls up shapes and letters and will either giggle or say the letter as the "type" it.. So cool!


The nicest thing? It'll keep her entertained for awhile and makes her happy, I'm a fan! I caught her on the tail-end of playing with it this time, before she had been babbling and loving it..



If you're interested, just check out babysmash.com and it'll show you all the features, pretty cool!

5 comments:

Brett and Lex said...

Love the pigtails!!

Benjamin and Mollie said...

Oh I love those tiny piggytails! That is SO fun that you can do her hair now (big moment in a girls life!). lol. You are funny Steph... yeah right like you would need me to help YOU make a house! I have seen your skills in making Selma's nursery so darling, you could make a whole house NO problem! It is actually so scary though, like picking stuff out and just hoping it actually looks good! We will see... Anyway hope you have a fun 24th of July!!

cheeks said...

so, we always go with the "easier" hairstyle! we're all about the headbands! selma is so cute! i love the "devil" piggytails!

SO, have you ever let her cry herself to sleep in the night when she wakes up? Emri would fuss sometimes and i'd go give her a binky or her bear and she'd go back to sleep....then we let her cry one night and it only took about 10 min then she was sleeping again. If you haven't read "On Becoming Baby Wise" i'd totally recommend it!

Chantel and Brian said...

She's such a doll. I love the pigtails! I also am a fan of the headbands.

Heather said...

She's a cutie! and getting big. That's the nice thing about boys, same hairstyle pretty much everyday. Just throw a little gel in it and WaLa!