Monday, July 20, 2009

Family, Isn't it About Time?

This summer I've been lucky to be able to spend a lot of time with my mom and youngest siblings, we've done a lot of things and have had a lot of fun doing them!

Last week, we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. My brother Alex's cute girlfriend, Ashley, came down from Logan to go with us even though he's out installing security systems in Chicago, she's so fun, we love her!

They start you out watching a video on temples in tents they have outside:


The temple was, of course, beautiful inside and out. This is one of the most contemporary and modern temples that I've been inside, I loved everything about it!

My mom, Dan, Selma and I, Kate and Ashley outside the temple:


I've been able to have my sibs over to sleep over and swim the next morning a couple times, too. Last time they did it we had a Harry Potter marathon and watched all the movies to prepare for the 6th coming out, it's cool to be nerdy now right? The next morning we went swimming, ate Papa Murphy's pizza, and finished up the HP movies.

My siblings think Selma's rash guard is not very cute, safe swimming over style though, at least for my baby :)


We played the categories game and got some sun:


Sky and I took our dinner to the only park we know of that's close with baby swings, Beus Park (are there any others in our area that actually has baby swings? There's gotta be, I just don't know where any are..) He's been dying to take Selma "swinging" for her first time. We were worried she might be a little nervous but she loved it!

She would hang on to the side and peek through while she was swinging, this made me a little nervous since I was scared she would tumble out:


I didn't have the camera since we went spur of the moment so I took these with my phone, oh well:


Sundays we tend to always be over at our different family's houses. The Sunday before last we had dinner and then all my siblings were playing with Selma on the floor.

Selma loves her uncles and aunts:


And her blocks:


But after a lot of playing and pictures, Selma was done:


Aunt Kate can always get a lot of giggles out of Selma, and today was no exception:


After that, we all headed to our old elementary school and played at the park for a few minutes. It's strange going back there, made me reminisce a lot about the good ole' care-free, elementary days, weren't those the best?


They got a new playground since I've been there last (which Jake really was enjoying, even though the picture doesn't show it):


Sky liked it too:

These used to be the toy my friends and I played the most on, I think you're getting a bit big for them though Dan :)


Selma was neither here nor there with the slides, she didn't seem to care:


She'd rather have my sunglasses to chew on:


Nothing like making your brothers work at getting you across the sand on the little "train":


Hopefully there will be many more fun family times to come this summer, we've had a blast!!

3 comments:

Clark Family said...

I love family time!! And Selma's dress is so adorable!

Chantel and Brian said...

How fun! i love the fun things to do with families in the summer time. Selma is so stinkin cute! i love that picture with her and the block!

Nancy and Nate said...

Way cute pictures! I bet Ashley is in my parents ward in Chicago. My dad is the bishop of the singles ward and almost all of the "summer security people" are in that ward. You should find out if she is. It would be Bishop Clements. We need to get together soon! Call me 801-549-7841