Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mommy's Little Bulimic..

I know that might sound very inappropriate, but lately, Selma's been just that!!


Over the past few weeks, baby Selma's discovered her sweet, chubby hands even more than before and loves to shove her whole fist in her mouth. Not just her thumb or a finger, her whole fist. This is fine and it works out fabulously for her.. most of the time.It's when she sticks her whole fist in her mouth and doesn't know when to say quit that the trouble begins.

Today, she got to tasting that cute, little hand of hers while I was holding her at our Pearl of Great Price discussion group that my mom and I go to (excellent by the way :) and she started getting a little bored so I turned her to face me.. Bad move.. She started gagging and I knew what was going to happen so I hurry to move her..

Whoops.. Too late..

Bleh!! All over her and all over mommy's necklace and shirt.. You just can't help but laugh because it's the third time she's done it where she just gets her little fist just a little too far and can't seem to retract it by herself in time.

So, Selma, let's try to keep the food down next time, okay sweetie? It'll make us all a little happier (and a little less smelly!) Love you baby girl!


7 comments:

Jewels said...

Ha ha, that's cute!! Whatever makes them happy I guess! :)

micah folsom photography said...

haha my little sister used to do the same thing when she was a baby!! Just hang in there... her hands will out-grow her mouth sooner or later:)

Reggs said...

I think she just started calculating all the calories in breast milk and freaked out a little bit.
Can't blame the girl for wanting to keep her svelte petite frame! hee hee.

Erin said...

Hi Steph! I have to say with the throw up and all...you have one of the cutest baby girls I have seen! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog the other day...I am sure I will start leaving more comments on yours with less stalking now :)

Nisa and Colby said...

Corbin is the throw-up king so I totally you know how you feel. It stinks, literally! He had reflux as a new baby and had to take Prevacid. It's mostly gone away, but when he coughs or cries too hard and when he shoves his spoon down his mouth, he throws-up. By the way Selma is so cute!

The DeGiulio's said...

Haha thats too funny. She sure does have some cute little chubby fingers, even if she does end up gagging herself.

Steve & Heather said...

Hi Steph it's the Collard's. Cute Blog!