Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Naples Equation

Lounging on beautiful beaches whilst being brought drinks, umbrellas, fresh towels and lunch


+

Fun little tourist spots


+

Gorgeous views from your balcony


+

Unlimited swimming and sunning by the pool and soaking in the spa


+

Having the pleasure of my grandparents' company while being able to stay with them for a much needed getaway
(I am such a spaz and didn't get any pictures of us with them or of them period!! What a ding-dong!)
=

One FABULOUS vacation!!

We were so blessed to be able to fly out to Naples, Florida last week to spend some time with my mom's dad and step-mom and stay in the guest room of their spectacular condo, all for pretty much free thanks to T-mobile (getting those flights scheduled was another story, talk about a nightmare!!)

Staying with them was such a blast, they were great hosts and Selma loved meeting some more of her great-grandparents. Selma did beautifully on the flights and being in another place for a week, we're crossing our fingers that she'll keep being an excellent little traveler. Since this was our first real vacation with a baby, it was a new experience for us in that we couldn't always pick up and go or relax and take a nap by the pool if we wanted, but she still made it pretty easy and for that we are grateful.

Grandpa and Terry were so gracious for letting us use their cars for the week, their beach club membership, taking us out to dinner and lunch a few times, and just dropping things to be with us, we were so spoiled and cannot thank you enough for your generosity and love. We sure love you guys and can't wait to see you again!!


Here's Selma's first taste of the ocean..



Not too eventful :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's like, "Mmmm... no stories. I'm just going to chill in Dad's arms. What's this camera in my face?" :) She's so cute, Steph. Just absolutely beautiful!

I'm really glad you guys were able to get away down to Florida. It sounded like tons of fun. We need a vacation!

Chantel and Brian said...

I love all the pictures! What fun! I'm glad she was good traveling. It gets a little more difficult as they get older and you have to keep them entertained on an airplane (I did it twice in december with a two year old). I love how she doesn't even care about the water when he puts her little feet in. She's such a doll. I loved hearing the sound of the ocean. I've never been to an ocean.

Mitzi said...

You don't even know how jealous I am of you and your little sun-tanned faces! Just hearing the ocean made me sigh a little with envy. Selma's glasses are absolutely adorable. You'll have to tell me more about your trip Sat. we didn't get a lot of details out of you so far.

hoLLY said...

how fun !! and thats so great that Selma did so well and I cant believe what a little chunck she has become! sooo cute! glad you guys had a great time!!

Clark Family said...

How FUN!! Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm jealous! I wanna go somewhere warm!!

micah folsom photography said...

What a fun little vaca!! She is getting so big and is still so so adorable!

Matt and Jade said...

That looks like so much fun. Good for you, everyone needs a vacation.

The DeGiulio's said...

Looks SO fun. Im jealous I would love to be somewhere warm and sunny, sitting on the beach sipping on fancy drinks and relaxing.

Chelsea Bailey said...

Wow, sounds like fun! It looks so pretty down there! We need a vacation too!
P.S. Jackson has the same little turtle floaty thing and he loves it! :)

Nancy and Nate said...

Once again I am jealous you got to go to Naples. It has been way too long since I have been there. Loved the pictures. Where did you get Selma's swimsuit? I need to get one for Bella. Rob was a great traveler too when he was that young. I am making a trip back home in May and hopefully Bella is that good and Rob is still good.

Reggs said...

ADORABLE!! Oh she is chubby, but she looks SO TINY compared to Skylar in that video. You'll cherish it when she is running.
My favorite picture is her homemade "chair" in the sand. The glasses are perfect. :)