Monday, February 23, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

Yesterday morning I woke up early with a clogged duct so I fed Selma, put her back down, and got back in bed to use my trusty heating pad and apply some heat. After a little bit, she woke up so Sky, being the sweetie he is, got up to change her and get her ready.

By this time, it was apparent that we were not going to make it to church on time (9AM church gets you every time) and my dilemma didn't seem to be getting any better so I turned on Music & the Spoken Word and continued to apply my heat. 45 minutes later, I still hadn't hear anything from Selma's nursery so I figured that Sky was in there just rocking her. I ventured in there and this is what I found:



I ran to get the camera, this was just too cute to pass up! Sky can always get her to fall asleep in his arms or on his chest, she loves her daddy. Didn't he do such a good job of getting her ready? Leg warmers and all, I'm so impressed! He even had a little headband and flower on when he first got her ready but took it off so she could be more comfortable, what a great daddy!

We goofed around with the camera a little more yesterday morning, Sky loves playing with her like this. Sometimes it freaks other people out but I trust him :)


Ever since my dad gave us this mobile, she has loved just hanging out in her crib and kick-kick-kicking away as she interacts with it. It plays classical music and her jungle friends turn around, she seems to really like it, and so do we! :)


I can't get over how much she looks like Sky, especially in this picture! She looks almost exactly like his baby pictures in this one, she is definitely her daddy's girl!

Yesterday, my girl also turned 3 months old! I know it's not a year or anything but I just can't believe it's been three months since she was born. She changes so much everyday and I just look at her in awe at how big she looks.

She's gone from this:


To this:


To this:


To this:


..in just three short months!!

Selma has grown not just physically but in the things that she does and the way she acts too, she definitely has a preference for some things over others and is starting to show her little personality more and more.

Some Selma Facts:

Favorite Song: I Am a Child of God.. It can almost always calm her down and/or put her to sleep.
Favorite Food: "boob milk" according to my little half-brother Joey, he's so funny.
Favorite Way to Be Held: she likes sitting up on your lap, looking over your shoulder if you're standing up, or if she's upset, the "colic" hold.
Her Current Bedtime: Usually between 10:30 and 11:30 at night lately, we're working on that.
Favorite TV Show (haha): Sometimes we catch her looking at the TV when we're watching, lately it's been a lot of Lost, so we tried Baby Einstein with her yesterday for a bit and she actually watched it and seemed to like it. It was funny to me because I look at her and she just doesn't seem old enough to watch TV?
Favorite Way to Sleep: she loves sprawling out on her back with her arms flung out above her head like she's riding a roller coaster but she also still loves being swaddled. If she's tired and you swaddle her, it usually doesn't take long for her to pass out.
Favorite Toy: her swing, definitely. Used to be the bouncer that vibrates, now it's the swing.
Favorite Outfit: Oddly, she hasn't seemed to show a preference yet :)
Least Favorite Thing to Wear: socks and headbands; she kicks her socks off within seconds (although I don't think that's really on purpose) and when we're driving in the car I have to take her headbands off because she moves her head back and forth over and over again until the headband falls over her eyes, then the screaming begins. She doesn't seem to mind headbands too much if we're not driving though :)
Least Favorite Thing to Do: tummy time, she likes it for a few minutes but then lets us know that she's done.
Favorite Thing to Do: eat and take a bath.
Most Used Facial Expression: Smiles, wide eyes, and the most infamous of all, the pout. If you've seen this girl pout, you know what I'm talking about, she is one serious pouter! Yesterday, my fam was calling her bipolar because sometimes she goes from smile to her pouty face to smile to pouty face over and over again, it's hilarious!! I love it, I have never seen a pouty lip like hers before.

Other Fun Selma Facts:
--This past week she has seemed to be a little bit of a mommy's girl, which worries me. She has actually shown a preference and wanted to come to me and I didn't think that that would start this early, is that normal?
--She loves everybody and has such awesome grandparents and aunts and uncles! She seems to have different relationships with all of them: Uncle Jake is the one who 99.9% of the time can calm her down by holding her (he always ends this by saying "I win" when she stops crying, you can win anytime, bro! :), Aunt Katelyn can always get a smile out of her, my mom seems to have the longest conversations with her, and the list goes on and on!
--We've been blessed with a pretty happy, content little baby but she seems to be the most smiley right when she wakes up in the morning and I put her on the changing table to change her diaper and get her ready, she is all smiles, I love it!
--She loves being bounced.
--She's gotten into a little better of a schedule lately.
--She likes being rocked and sung to sleep, I need to get in a better habit of just putting her down.
--She holds her head up really, really well and loves sitting up while assisted.
--We keep thinking that she might be starting to cut teeth because she chews and chews on the binkie whenever we try to give her one to calm her down, which brings me to..
--She doesn't take a binkie. She'll keep one in her mouth if you hold it in there but she won't do it herself so we don't really give her one that often, which is okay by us.

These are some of the recent pictures that we've taken over the past week to show her 3 month old self.


She loves lounging with her daddy


I'm a mean mom. It's heartbreaking when she cries but it's so cute at the same time, I love her!


The day I took this, I was doing some work from home so I was across the room on my computer and she kept sticking out her bottom lip to do her pouty face that I was mentioning. I kept grabbing the camera and running over to grab a picture of it because I've wanted one for so long but every time she saw the camera she would either start smiling or just stop altogether. This was the best shot I could get but it just doesn't capture the full effect, I better get a picture of it one day or I'll be sad and you might see my pouty lip come out :)


This is the first nap-time picture I've taken because before I was always much too afraid to take one in case I woke her up. It's funny how sometimes you just want them to take a nap so you can jump in the shower or something and as soon as they fall asleep you're like "oh I want to hold you and kiss your little cheeks!"

These next pictures were from bathtime last night. Sky's little bro, Cam, went and got Selma this cute robe and slippers for Christmas and picked the ensemble out all by himself, too! I thought it was so thoughtful and cute that he did that. Thanks Cam, she loves it and so do we!!




Oh and did I mention that she laughed for the first time yesterday too? Maybe it's not really the first time, she's laughed once or twice before for just a second, but this time she kept giggling over and over. I was so glad that Sky, my mom and I were all there to see it. We were all so mesmerized with how adorable it was that we didn't grab the camera in time to catch it so this is just the tail-end of the laugh attack, but she's still talking up a storm to my mom and it might help us to remember it a little more so I posted it.

If you look close you might be able to catch a tear or two from me, it's amazing the sap you become when you have a baby, especially when they really laugh for the first time, my heart about burst! I love you baby girl!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute! I remember what it was like with Everett. When the twins came everything seemed so frenzied we didn't get to enjoy a lot of those little moments. Since things have calmed down a bit they are so cute to watch how they interact with each other. They just have such a special bond with each other no one else will have. I know all about the tears of joy and love.

hoLLY said...

She is gettting so big! Are you bringing her on Thursday? I wanna hold her!

Chantel and Brian said...

She is growing up fast. Don't they all? She is so darling and beautiful!

Liv said...

hahaha I love that Sky is passed out on the floor with her. It's such a real photo of parenting.

Clark Family said...

She is so cute! And I can't believe she 3 months!:)

The DeGiulio's said...

it sounds like you guys are loving parenthood ( i cant wait for it, someday) The pictures really cute of her and Sky sleeping. She totally looks like her dad thats for sure. And time does fly by (which I had to admit Im super happy about, I just want to begraduated already!)

Anonymous said...

She is SO cute. I really can't believe how big she's gotten and her cute little personality. It looks like things are going so well. Good to hear!

Mitzi said...

That first picture is a hoot! I love that she is getting her own little cute personality. Oh my sweet little Selma is already a few months old. Sigh.

The Porter Family said...

She is adorable!! I absolutely love that picture of her and Sky sleeping! Sooo cute!

Laci, Jonn, Kaden and Maylee said...

They grow up do dang fast!! I am glad that I am not the only mom the cries at each little milestone!! I swear I am a ball baby!!