Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Love Day..

So the week before Valentine's Day, we had a few problems with both our cars that ended up costing a pretty penny so we both decided that we weren't going to buy gifts this year and that we would just go out together.

However, the day before Valentine's Day, I came home to these..


Sky had already ordered 2 dozen roses for us online earlier that week so it was a nice surprise, I love flowers!! My favorite was his little note that came with the flowers: "A dozen roses for each of my sweeties, I love you both so much!!" Selma got her first roses from her daddy for Valentine's Day, he's such a sweet dad for thinking of her, I love you sweetie!


Selma loved her flowers :)

We take turns planning our Valentine's Days and anniversaries since they're only a month apart and this year it's my turn to plan Valentine's Day. Trying to plan a date for Valentine's Day is no easy task because you don't know who to ask to babysit since most everyone is already going to be out celebrating for themselves, so we decided to go out during the day. Thanks to my wonderful mom for watching her!


My cute grandma sent us an Olive Garden gift card for Christmas so we went out to lunch there and got us some of this deliciousness..




Then, we went to the Junction and saw this movie, courtesy of Sky's work (they keep giving out movie gift cards to the Megaplex when his branch exceeds all their sales, so thanks for the free date sweetie! :)


It was awesome!! I highly recommend it, very little language and I don't think there was anything racy in it at all, just action so if you're in the mood for a good action movie, this one's a winner!

I guess you could say that I didn't really "plan" a date because I used gift cards that we had for it but we still had a great day talking and just being together. Here's to many more dates like this to come! Love you Sky!

3 comments:

Chelsea Bailey said...

That is awesome! That is how Jared and I do dates too. :) He gets a ton of giftcards from work too so we totally do the same thing! I love that you did too!

hoLLY said...

you lucky girl!

Chantel and Brian said...

Pretty flowers. It made me laugh about the movie though, cuz for V-day Brian and I went to the Junction to see New in Town with a giftcard from his work. ( :