Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And Selma Makes Five..

This past weekend we were so excited to have Selma's great-grandma and great-great-grandma fly in from Connecticut and Rhode Island to spend some time with us and meet their new, little granddaughter.

One of the reasons that they came was to take a 5 generation picture! I love that we have 5 generations of women straight down the line-- from Selma to me to my mom to her mom and then to her mom. It was so fun going out to lunch with them and just being around all of us, you can definitely see where we get a lot of our personality traits from (let's just say we all like to be in control :) It cracked me up to see my great-grandma mothering my grandma, I don't know what it is about it but to see somebody watching out for your grandma or reprimanding your mom it is just too funny.

We didn't want to just get a snapshot of us so we decided to get them taken at Target. I'm a fan of more candid shots in fun locations but when you're taking a five generation picture in the middle of winter, you don't have too many options :) I think they really did a pretty good job though and I'm super happy with how they turned out!

Five generations from Selma..


..to me..


..to my mom..


..to my Grandma Carol (she's where we got Selma's middle name, Jane, from and I couldn't imagine anyone better to name Selma after)..


..to my Great Grandma Lillian! She is so spunky!! She turns 88 this year and still lives by herself, drives herself around, cracks jokes all the time, and is just so full of life; what a cute great-great grandma!!


They put together lots of different things with the pictures and this is one that we all ordered to keep


I love this shot of Selma. This is kind of a replica of a shot that my mom has with me when I was a baby, kind of special that we both will have the same pictures to keep :)


And the final product, I'm so glad that we got a good shot with all five of us. Don't I have the most beautiful women around me? I'm so happy that we will have this memory, it's something that Selma and I will truly treasure. Love you guys!

17 comments:

Richard and Michelle said...

That's awesome. Those are seriously great pictures.

Cami said...

Wow!! That is SO neat! The pictures turned out adorable also.

Clark Family said...

I love these pictures! That's so neat to have 5 generations of women!!:)

The DeGiulio's said...

that is the coolest thing I've ever seen! What a treasure those pictures are. And what a great family you have.

Marianne said...

Wow! That really is neat, and that picture is a treasure.

Whit said...

How fun! yOu look JUST like your mom! Your baby is DARLING! I love her name too!

Mitzi said...

Those really turnded out so great! You guys are all so beautiful!

The Sayamas said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! What a neat keepsake for Selma!

Sale and Jaimee said...

That is so cool! All the women in your fam are so beautiful. Maybe there will be a 6th soon? Haha J/k. I know what you mean when you say you become a sap when your baby does somethin new...it's so great huh.

Natalie said...

That is so great that you were able to get that done! Cherish those memories!

hoLLY said...

how fun is that?!! you all are so cute!

Laci, Jonn, Kaden and Maylee said...

That is so neat! you are lucky to have a five generation!! I love all the pictures!! They turned out so good!!

Christi said...

Those are some great pictures. I can't believe how cute she is getting! She has been beautiful from the beginning. She looks a lot like Skyler. I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

The Froerer's said...

Way cute pictures. You all are so young looking and cute. I can't believe how well your great grandma looks for her age. That's such a special picture to have for sure! We need to hang out soon!

cheeks said...

Hey Steoh! What a neat thing to have 8 living generations! You will definitely cherish that pic forever! Selma is adorable!

Janelle V said...

What great pictures! You will treasure those for forever! Your little Selma is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Selma is the best little picture taker! She is always smiling!!