On February 8th, 2009, Sky took Selma in his arms and, surrounded by loved ones, gave her a name and a blessing. Her blessing was such a sweet one, simple and to the point, I was so proud of him. Selma did great too, she was awake the whole time just staring at everyone in the circle as they bounced her.
After church, my parents so graciously let us all go over to their house to have lunch. My mom and I were busy the whole day before making soups and rolls and salad and I think it turned out pretty good. Thanks to everyone who brought stuff to contribute!
After church, my parents so graciously let us all go over to their house to have lunch. My mom and I were busy the whole day before making soups and rolls and salad and I think it turned out pretty good. Thanks to everyone who brought stuff to contribute!
We're so lucky that we have such an awesome support group of family:
We're so happy you all could come and share in Selma's special day!
When we all first got there, we had a sort of carseat "parking lot" in the family room. Trae and Tysha decided to stay awake for a picture but Eli, Zander and Selma all zonked out.
If there's one thing that I regret about that day, it's that I didn't get hardly any pictures of us and I didn't get any pictures of all three of us together. Running around trying to play hostess and make sure everything was going smoothly takes up most of your time, I guess.
The only pictures of the day of Sky and I (and aren't they lovely?):
A couple months ago I decided that I wanted to make Selma's blessing dress. It turned out okay, it was my first special occasion dress after all, but it wasn't totally how I wanted it. I was terrified it wouldn't fit if she all of a sudden had a growth spurt or something and so it ended up being a little big on her, oh well.
Because we made ourselves so busy worrying about other things that day, we didn't sit down and take pictures of Selma in her dress so when we got the five-generation pictures done, we had some taken of her in her dress, too. I made a bonnet to go with the dress, but it was too big so we decided to forgo any pictures with it completely covering her face :)


This picture we had done in sepia because for a blessing gift, Sky's grandparents gave us this cute double frame that was so thoughtful. One of the sides has Sky's great-grandmother, Selma's, picture in sepia and the other side is blank to put a picture of my baby Selma. As soon as I get her picture in, I'll post it, it's such a treasure!





All in all, it was a great day to be able to share with family and friends. Thanks, Sky, for being such a great dad and being a worthy priesthood holder so that you could give Selma such a special blessing that I will never forget!! I love you two!
10 comments:
What a special day!! She's so beautiful! I love her dress. You are so crafty!!
She looks so pretty in her dress! I cant believe you made it! Im so impressed, the only thing I can sew are blankets b/c they are simple lol. All the car seats lined up makes me laugh thats what it looks like at church.
I'm so glad the day turned out so well!
And yeah... way awesome that you make some of her clothes. Nice skills!
What a special day! Selma's dress is beautiful on her with her big blue eyes.... you are so talented!
How beautiful!! The dress turned out gorgeous! You are so talented! I can not wait for Pressly's blessing, I can not imagine how special of a day it must of been
I LOVE the picture montage. Great job on the dress. She looked beautiful.
what a special day that was, we are so glad we got to share it with you guys! her dress is amazing!!!
You did a beautiful job making her dress. I think she looks beautiful. I can't wait until that day when we can have blessings for our children. What a special day!
Congrats!! What a special day for you guys.
Also, you MADE the blessing dress?? Ok, I officially need to bow down to your mothering skillz.
Steph, you are so cute. I love your blog!
How sweet! I love the pictures!
I especially like the one with all the baby carriers! :)
Post a Comment