A quarter of a century.. Wowsers, doesn't that sound old? Sky just turned 25 last Tuesday and to wrap up his long week full of birthday festivities, I figured a nice little birthday post would suffice.
It all started the Saturday before his birthday where we had dinner group and homemade peach pie (one of Sky's favs) over at the Froerer's.

On Tuesday, his actual birthday, my mom made Sky some empanadas, one of his favorite Chilean foods (they sell them at this cute little Argentine market in Clearfield, yummy!) and he got his birthday presents from all of us. His third pair of basketball shoes since we've been married (and he says that he's cut back a lot, I'm proud of you sweetie) from me, and the Settlers of Catan bundle from both of our parents. He's been so excited ever since he got it, I think we've played 6 times! He also had a brilliant plan and we made a "game board" by taking a 4x4 board from Lowe's and covering it in felt so that the pieces won't move and we have more room, pretty handy indeed! After presents and dinner, we headed off to his softball game and they won their first game! Way to go Blue!
On Wednesday, for his "going out to birthday dinner," we grabbed Costa Vida and played some Settlers with the Froerers. Lance annihilated all of us so we had a rematch the next night since The Office wasn't on and Sky won. Brek and I are determined to win for the girls one of these times.
On Sunday, we celebrated with both of our families since we couldn't the Sunday before and had them over for cake and ice cream. Needless to say, I'm a picture slacker and didn't get anyone to take pictures of my gourmet fudge cake or of Sky blowing out the candles. Hopefully I'll do a little bit better with our kids eh? :)
I've seen a few people do this on some of their blogs for their husbands and I thought that it was an excellent idea so I wanted to post 25 of my favorite things about my hubby.
1. His fun-loving, goofy personality. I love that he always teases and jokes with me. My fam always says that the words "you stink" actually translate to "I love you" in our relationship, and it's probably true.
2. His laugh! Anyone that has truly heard Sky laugh knows that you cannot duplicate his laugh, it's one of a kind!
3. His love for the gospel and his mission. I love that he still wants to go to his mission reunions and that he stays in contact with his companions, it says a lot to me.
4. His laid back personality, we definitely compliment each other in this area.
5. How much he helps me with everything, especially since I've been pregnant. He'll get me a glass of water if I'm thirsty, rub my back, etc. He's so supportive and great!
6. The fact that he still thinks I'm pretty (and will tell me) even though I've got a big belly now.
7. How excited he is to be a dad (and he's going to be such a great one!)
8. How well he gets along with both of our families and how well he fits in with my brothers even though they're still in high school. It's hilarious watching them get together.
9. All of his cute ideas and schemes that he comes up with, such as the game board, decorating ideas around the house, name ideas, etc.
10. His passion and zest for various things, such as reading church books, Settlers, the Jazz, anything basketball, etc.
11. That he'll kill all the bugs for me so that I don't have to deal with it and how handy he is around the house by fixing things, hanging pictures, moving stuff, etc.
12. That we can email back and forth at work, it makes the day go by so much faster and I love all of his emails.
13. That he wants me to be able to stay home as much as I can with Baby Chugg.
14. His love for traveling and adventure, those are two things that I constantly crave.
15. How cute he is with kids and how much they love him.

16. I love all of the songs that he makes up with random lyrics and tunes, they never fail to crack me up.
17. His love for hanging out with friends and spending time with them.
18. His sense of style and that he always wants to look good (and he does!)
19. His randomness that he portrays a lot either by singing, humming, or saying random things.
20. His desire to stay active by playing ball or going on bike rides and that he can't wait to get a little bike trailer to take our little girl out with him.
21. His thoughtful, helpful personality. He'll always pick up stuff for me if I have a weird craving (or talk me out of buying random craving things :) )
22. His excellent cooking and baking skills and that he'll help around the house.
23. His desire to make himself better and our family better by making sure we say family prayer and do FHE.
24. That he loves spending time just me and him and likes going out just the two of us.
25. The fact that he will actually read this post since he keeps up with our blog and that he'll probably post some anonymous comment on it :)
Well, Happy 25th sweetie!! I love you so much!!
It all started the Saturday before his birthday where we had dinner group and homemade peach pie (one of Sky's favs) over at the Froerer's.

On Tuesday, his actual birthday, my mom made Sky some empanadas, one of his favorite Chilean foods (they sell them at this cute little Argentine market in Clearfield, yummy!) and he got his birthday presents from all of us. His third pair of basketball shoes since we've been married (and he says that he's cut back a lot, I'm proud of you sweetie) from me, and the Settlers of Catan bundle from both of our parents. He's been so excited ever since he got it, I think we've played 6 times! He also had a brilliant plan and we made a "game board" by taking a 4x4 board from Lowe's and covering it in felt so that the pieces won't move and we have more room, pretty handy indeed! After presents and dinner, we headed off to his softball game and they won their first game! Way to go Blue!On Wednesday, for his "going out to birthday dinner," we grabbed Costa Vida and played some Settlers with the Froerers. Lance annihilated all of us so we had a rematch the next night since The Office wasn't on and Sky won. Brek and I are determined to win for the girls one of these times.
On Sunday, we celebrated with both of our families since we couldn't the Sunday before and had them over for cake and ice cream. Needless to say, I'm a picture slacker and didn't get anyone to take pictures of my gourmet fudge cake or of Sky blowing out the candles. Hopefully I'll do a little bit better with our kids eh? :)
I've seen a few people do this on some of their blogs for their husbands and I thought that it was an excellent idea so I wanted to post 25 of my favorite things about my hubby.
1. His fun-loving, goofy personality. I love that he always teases and jokes with me. My fam always says that the words "you stink" actually translate to "I love you" in our relationship, and it's probably true.
2. His laugh! Anyone that has truly heard Sky laugh knows that you cannot duplicate his laugh, it's one of a kind!
3. His love for the gospel and his mission. I love that he still wants to go to his mission reunions and that he stays in contact with his companions, it says a lot to me.
4. His laid back personality, we definitely compliment each other in this area.
5. How much he helps me with everything, especially since I've been pregnant. He'll get me a glass of water if I'm thirsty, rub my back, etc. He's so supportive and great!
6. The fact that he still thinks I'm pretty (and will tell me) even though I've got a big belly now.
7. How excited he is to be a dad (and he's going to be such a great one!)
8. How well he gets along with both of our families and how well he fits in with my brothers even though they're still in high school. It's hilarious watching them get together.
9. All of his cute ideas and schemes that he comes up with, such as the game board, decorating ideas around the house, name ideas, etc.
10. His passion and zest for various things, such as reading church books, Settlers, the Jazz, anything basketball, etc.
11. That he'll kill all the bugs for me so that I don't have to deal with it and how handy he is around the house by fixing things, hanging pictures, moving stuff, etc.
12. That we can email back and forth at work, it makes the day go by so much faster and I love all of his emails.
13. That he wants me to be able to stay home as much as I can with Baby Chugg.
14. His love for traveling and adventure, those are two things that I constantly crave.
15. How cute he is with kids and how much they love him.
16. I love all of the songs that he makes up with random lyrics and tunes, they never fail to crack me up.
17. His love for hanging out with friends and spending time with them.
18. His sense of style and that he always wants to look good (and he does!)
19. His randomness that he portrays a lot either by singing, humming, or saying random things.
20. His desire to stay active by playing ball or going on bike rides and that he can't wait to get a little bike trailer to take our little girl out with him.
21. His thoughtful, helpful personality. He'll always pick up stuff for me if I have a weird craving (or talk me out of buying random craving things :) )
22. His excellent cooking and baking skills and that he'll help around the house.
23. His desire to make himself better and our family better by making sure we say family prayer and do FHE.
24. That he loves spending time just me and him and likes going out just the two of us.
25. The fact that he will actually read this post since he keeps up with our blog and that he'll probably post some anonymous comment on it :)
Well, Happy 25th sweetie!! I love you so much!!
1 comment:
At first I thought, "Oh! She had her baby", but alas, no... Happy Birthday, Mr. Chugg! Glad to see you married such a great guy, Steph. Hope everything's going well!
Post a Comment