Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And summer comes to an end..

As we say goodbye to summer and hello to my absolute favorite season, fall, I decided it's time to catch up on my blogging and what better way to do it than a big post full of summer fun! Now I wish I had an excuse for my blog-slacking, but, unfortunately, I don't.. Does laziness count? Or I guess I could say, I'm pregnant and tired when I get home from work so I enjoy lounging on the couch? Either way, I pledge to be better at updating so that I can remember all the little things that have happened throughout my pregnancy..

For a quick pregnancy update, I'm in my 32nd week and I can't even believe it. It seems like I've been pregnant for a while but at the same time, it's just flying right by!! Our little squirt's become more and more interactive and I swear she's ticklish. Whenever I scratch my fingers across my belly, kind of like tickling, she starts moving around like crazy! I love it!! And when Sky touches my belly sometimes she'll start kicking at him, what a character :)

I can't complain too much because I've had a pretty awesome pregnancy, besides feeling like my pelvis is disintegrating lately (and hopefully that's normal?) However, the other day, I took some heartburn medicine before my wonderful work-lunch of Ramen and then took a prenatal vitamin after I'd eaten most of it. Well, apparently those three things don't mix because needless to say I lost my lunch. For those of you who don't know, apparently my face doesn't fare well when this happens as most of the blood vessels in my face decide to burst, leaving me looking very pretty as you can see below.



I wish those pictures were better quality to show how great my face looks right now, like it exploded with tons and tons of red freckles. Let's just say, when Sky picked me up from work that day, he was pretty stunned and this has happened to me before. He even asked me when I was going to put some makeup on to cover it up, haha, gotta love it (love you sweetie!)

In terms of summer fun, we've had a blast hanging out with friends and getting our last little bit of "freedom" in before sweet little Baby Chugg joins us :) We've loved our late night games of Settlers, going out to dinner, and just hanging around, you can't beat it!

We had a ward activity where we had a cookout and were supposed to play Ultimate Frisbee, but it was too windy so we all just ate and left. We still got a few pictures in though:






Thanks for taking all the pictures Sky, next time we'll get some with you in them :)

Sky and some of his coworkers planned a date night where we went to dinner at Firehouse Pizza (pizza heaven!) and then to see one of the girls he works with in "Pirated," a spoof on "Pirates of Penzance" and to my pleasant surprise, Lindsay was in the play too!! It was hilarious! It had Sky laughing the whole time and he's not even a big musical fan.

Jonathan and his wife

Sky and I enjoying intermission

Sky's coworker, Kirsten, who was in the play


And, of course, I had to get a shot of Lindsay's cute curls! She did amazing, as always!


Right now, we've been working on getting the nursery and the rest of our house totally complete before the big day so that we don't have to worry about doing that stuff later so I'll have to post some pictures when it's all done. It's fun seeing everything come together :) Other than that, Sky and the guys have started playing on a softball league so we'll have some more about that to come and I've started going to the doctor's office every two weeks for a checkup, we're getting so close!!

Oh, and one last thing, thank you all so much for leaving your suggestions and comments about all the baby stuff and products, it helped so so much!! Sky and I are very grateful :)

1 comment:

Chantel and Brian said...

How fun! It's good your taking advantage of playing around and stuff before baby gets here, cuz when she does your life will never be the same. To me it seemed like the last 8 weeks flew! It helped that I delivered 2 wks exactly after Christmas, so between Thanksgiving, christmas and new years, I was kept busy which passed the time quickly. You've got to put up pictures of the nursery!