Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Parking Lots + Snow =

Does anyone else hate parking in the snow as much as I do? Today it snowed and I had to go to school so I get to the parking lot where I normally park and, of course, everyone is parked so randomly that it's hard to squeeze into a spot.. It's like people can't park the normal space away from each other unless they have the neat yellow lines there to guide them.. This was like the only picture of cars parked weird in the snow that I could find..



Maybe I'm being a little anal and not understanding enough, but wait until you hear what happened to me at church a few weeks ago..

So I get to church early because I have early morning meetings (love it) and so I'm one of the first to park in the area of the parking lot where I normally park.. I parked normal following the diagonal pattern that was covered by the snow and went about my usual business at the church..

Rewind.. Let me explain the background to my day.. We were currently "baby-sitting" while my parents were out of town so Sky wasn't even with me, he was making sure my siblings got ready and off to church.. I had stuff to do at our own ward so I proceeded to attend our church and was going to leave early so that I could meet them for theirs.. Back to the first story..

So I was doing my thing at church getting ready to leave when I head outside and notice that not only has someone parked in front of me AND behind me, someone's also parked on the side of me too!!! Yah, real smart huh? Meanwhile, it's almost time for me to be at my parent's house and there's just this little space where I might be able to squeeze my SUV out (which is a stick-shift by the way).. I get a couple guys from my ward to see if we can't move this little Audi out of the way but it wouldn't budge.. We tried lots of different things from snooping to see if we could see whose car it was to picking up the car (not the brightest idea) and finally one of the guys decided to try to squeeze my car through.. It was a miracle but, with an inch on either side, they got it out and I made it to my parent's church.. Late, of course..

The moral of the story? Parking in snow bites.. Anybody else care to share a fun parking experience?

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hilarious story Steph! I can just picture your car being blocked in and the brethern thinking they're buff enough to pick up a car! LOL!