Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our Postponed Summer

Just a quick update on little Selma, she is doing 100% better! Sometimes I feel sad about how I forget to write down little things that Selma does because I know that if I don't write them down, I forget just about everything.   

Like when she was watching Princess and the Frog just barely and during the masquerade ball part she came over and said "Pwease! Dahnce!" so I picked her up and we danced and twirled and dipped giggled.  Or when she came up to me today and said "Loh you" (love you) out of the blue.  Or how her learning to say different words has been hilarious, especially when she says them wrong on a daily basis and we can't get her to say it correctly, like "frog," "I suck" (which is supposed to be "I'm stuck"), etc.  Or how recently when she hears or sees a kid or baby crying whether it be in real life or on TV she always points to them and says with the sweetest little voice "sad?" like she wants to fix all their problems.  It's things like this that I need to be better about journaling because I want to soak up every little thing about being a mom to my little girl and kids to come (and, no, that is not an announcement :)

Some of the things that I missed blogging about (before the hospital fiasco) were:

Going to the splash pad/play-ground a few times




Heading down to the Gateway on Frontrunner to let Selma run through the fountains and spend Sky's day off as a fam


She loves trains! This next picture is of her pumping her arm saying "choo! choo!"


I was really proud of my big girl.  She was actually running through the fountains this year in comparison to last year where she would barely set a foot on the splash pad.


Loving her bucket to catch water in



Waiting for the mist to spray up with dad


On the 4th of July, we watched the parade with some of our good friends and their family


She got some pretty good loot but was scared out of her mind from the loud fire trucks that kept coming by


Her least favorite part was the tattoo that I put on her hand.  She kept saying "off! off!" and was scratching at it all day, the things we do to our kids :)


Selma loves animals and was really in a talking mood a month or so ago in the bath so I made good use out of it :)


And this is for all of our family, proof that she knows each of your names and says them often, we love you!

7 comments:

The Sayamas said...

Well, it looks like you have had a fun summer, aside from the hospital episode! Selma is such a cute little girl. I talked to Jessica Allen and she was telling me how cute Selma was at the hospital and how good of parents you guys are to her-I couldn't agree more! I'm so happy that Selma is doing better and I hope the rest of your summer is fabulous!

hoLLY said...

she is soo stinkin cute! I love all the funny faces she pulls! Im glad she is doing better?

Brod and Ash said...

How can you not LOVE that little Selma Jane! Love you guys :)

Anonymous said...

About writing things down... probably one of the best gifts a friend ever gave me was a calendar to write down Tieg's daily accomplishments-- even if it's something silly like finding a new toy, I write it down. It's been so fun to see how he's progressed day to day and think of how short of a time it's been.

The Hansen's said...

I LOVED the videos! She is so adorable!

Randi Patch said...

I love her cat noise the best! She is so cute! Glad she is doing better!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

She's cute for sure. That makes me want to go to the splash pad. Let me know next time you are going. I'm glad to know Selma is a 100% better. :)