Saturday, April 3, 2010

When Upon Life's Billows

This past week has been a roller-coaster ride for our family.  On Wednesday night, we found out that Sky lost his job.  Being without income, insurance, and not knowing what the future might hold is a little scary! But, we know that we are supposed to be learning something from this trial.

This experience has been one of the most humbling experiences that I have had in a long time.  Let's just say, it didn't take long for me to get off my high horse and realize how judgmental I can be sometimes.  Asking for assistance from others is something that hasn't always been easy for me or Sky so this has been extremely sobering for the both of us and has caused us both to view things quite differently.

I post this not to beg for a pity-party, but to make others aware of our current situation so that Sky might be able to find another job soon.  In fact, even though we have hit this bump in our road, we have already seen some silver linings and know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us.  We have been blessed with a few wonderful opportunities this week that will hopefully open doors to a new path for our family.  If there's one thing that I have learned, or rather been reminded, from this is that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us and wants us to succeed and be happy and I know that everything will work out in the way that it is supposed to.


11 comments:

Jackie Norris said...

Oh no! That sucks!

Please, PLEASE if you need anything let me know. I know we haven't seen each other in a long time, but we're not that far away :)

micah folsom photography said...

steph seriously call me! or facebook me--- sky could totally do what i'm doing while finding a job and definitely on the side of any other job he finds!

Rory & Lori said...

Wow Steph, that must be so hard! I was just talking to Dave, Cami's husband, and he was talking about an opening at Marketstar on the Sony team. I don't know if Skyler would want to go back there or not, but he would have an awesome boss! :)

Skyler is a smart, hard-working guy, I am sure it won't take too long for him to find something. I love your attitude about it, especially how you can see the silver linings. Once, when we were going through a rough time, you quoted a scripture on my blog and we actually did look it up and it really helped us out. Don't think I'm weird, but now I want to do the same for you (even though you are an amazing scriptorian and probably have it memorized) Proverbs 3:5-6

We love you guys!

Vause Family said...

I'm glad you decided to post something. You never know who you'll connect to. Hang in there!

Kami said...

I am so sorry! These are the times that you will be thankful for all the love and support that you have! You just have to take these trials and grow from them! Everything will work out! One day at a time!

Liv said...

Sucky. I feel for you.

What might Sky be looking for? I'll keep my ears open.

Kevin and SueAnn said...

Having just gone through this myself, I have to say Heavenly Father is always aware of us. In our case I had to learn patience, but I grew closer to Heavenly Father in the processes. We will be praying for you and it is always good to tell more people, cause networking is awesome! Let us know if you need anything.

Chantel and Brian said...

I am so sorry about your situation. I have some empathy for you as well. A month after we bought this house, and now had a mortgage payment and everything my husband lost his job. We had a 14 month old, no insurance and no income. It took him 4 months to find another job, and he had his degree! It was a very hard, very trying time, but we were blessed in SO many ways. Keep up the faith. All will work out.

Benjamin and Mollie said...

Steph, I'm so sorry to hear that! I will be thinking of anything I can for ya and will keep you guys in my prayers. At least you have one darling little girl! I love the updates :) Good job on staying optimistic during this time. I hope this trial will be a quick one for you. You guys are such a cute family! Love ya.

Georgi Family said...

Way to keep a positive attitude stef! You are and always will be an example to me. Love you!

Steve & Heather said...

We hope you gus are doing ok we'll pray for you. Let me know if you need anything.