I totally got off the blog train there for a few weeks, school is kicking my butt! Maybe I'll hop back on by posting a little update on our sweet Selma girl.
It's going to be completely random because that's how my life is, including the way I take pictures. I am seriously horrible at getting the camera out to take pictures, does anybody else feel this way? I hope I don't look back and kick myself for not ever thinking about it.
Selma is 16 months now and is more of a toddler everyday. She is definitely our little explorer now and LOVES to climb.
She makes us laugh all the time with all the quirky little things that she does, like walking around with a magnifying glass up to her face.
She's still super girly and loves finding new things to put on, like the rings from one of her toys.
I found this deal online where I got 10 pairs of women's sunglasses for $9.99 and a couple of them weren't the cutest on me so Selma has been loving them :)
Another thing she's always wanting to wear is my wedding ring, or rings I guess since I haven't gotten my ring and wedding band soldered together yet, whoops. No matter where I put them she always seems to find them, which makes it difficult for me to find them later since she'll drop them somewhere in the depths of her toys or in our shaggy carpet somewhere. It's definitely caused me to panic over the past month or two!
The day I took these next two pictures I could not stop laughing. I was folding laundry on our bed watching some TV while Selma was playing in her room. She hadn't been playing for long when she comes running into our room yelling "mom!" She had pulled her sweater down around her arms, put on one of my headbands, strung a couple necklaces around her and it seemed like she really wanted to show me what she'd done, love this girl!
Another thing she's started to like is Disney movies. This is Selma cuddling with Sky and her aunt Isabella watching "Snow White."
A couple weeks ago, we decided to have play group at the Treehouse Museum. We'd gone there once before when Selma was just crawling and she seemed to like it okay. This time, however, well.. Just look at the pictures:
Bored, bored, and more bored. She really wasn't loving it. I'd like to blame it on the fact that she had only gotten a 45 minute nap right before so maybe we'll try again another time. The only thing that she seemed to enjoy was reading the little books they had:
A couple friends and I decided to take the kids to this little play area they have in the mall. Besides our kids trying to escape a couple times, it was pretty fun and really nice being able to keep our kids contained so we could enjoy some Chick-fil-a and a nice chat :)
Oh and did I mention the toys are all soft and squishy, so nice!
Selma has recently been cutting 4 molars, and by recently I mean the last month. It's been hard to tell if she's in pain or just ornery, thank goodness for teething tablets.
Her favorite word lately has been "no!" Even if she's asking me for candy (another favorite) and I ask her to say "please" (in sign language, she doesn't say that out loud yet), she'll still say "no" while rubbing her belly to say "please." Sometimes I get a little worried in stores when I pick her up to leave and she screams "NO!" like I'm some stranger.
She still loves Sesame Street, pushing her dollies around, taking baths (when it's not me giving them to her?), any kind of treats, vegetables, mac & cheese, playing outside, etc. She hates fruits, getting her diaper changed, us taking things away from her, etc.
She's getting big so fast and we just love her so much!
5 comments:
She is getting so big!! oh my good... what a cutie! Jonnie LOVES playing with JD's ring... he uses it as bait when he wants her to come to him... stinker!
SHe is so cute! I love her! It seems like you do a great job taking pictures!
she is so funny! I love all the pics!
She is such a cutie! ...And you a good Mom! Just look at those pics, even the ones where she isn't that 'perky', and everyone can see how terrific you both are! Love ya, Mom
Seriously such a fun girl. I love that she gets all dressed up and wants to show you. Good luck tomorrow!!
Post a Comment