Monday, April 19, 2010

Grateful Beyond Measure

The past couple of weeks have been crazy to say the least.  Not knowing what we were going to be doing in a month, a week, even the next day, was a feeling of "limbo" that we hadn't ever had before.  We have learned some really great things from this experience, however, and it really has been a blessing in disguise.  I'd feel ungrateful if I didn't share with you some of the little miracles we've witnessed over the last little while.

A couple of months ago, we had applied for a position at a facility that we could be resident managers at so that we could save and eventually buy a house.  We finally heard back a few days before Sky lost his job and the manager wanted to interview us the next day.  

However, due to some things with school and work, we had to push the interview back to the next Thursday, which just happened to be the day after Sky lost his job.  Sky felt prompted to talk to the manager about our situation and we had a really great family interview.  

We were getting pretty anxious and nervous when we hadn't heard back in a week and a half and, let me tell you, was my heart ever racing when the manager's number showed up on my caller ID.
  
Oh happy day! 

 We found out that we got the position and I officially start training tomorrow!  Oh, and did I mention this means we move out this Saturday, crazy!!  How blessed and thankful we are for this opportunity and know that it came just in the knick of time for a reason, and that is because Heavenly Father is constantly mindful of us and we love Him for that.

Another miracle that we witnessed happened around the same time. The day after Sky lost his job, we applied for jobs and sent out a bajillion resumes to as many places as we could.  That weekend, we found an opening at another bank that was in the perfect location with the perfect opportunities and benefits.  

We applied late Friday night and on Monday they emailed Sky to schedule a phone interview, which he completed the next day.  The interviewer told Sky that he should be hearing from the branch manager within the next week so we were very surprised when he got a call the next day wanting him to come in for an interview on Friday.  He felt like the interview went well but they told him that he would have to wait another couple of weeks before he heard anything.  

Imagine our excitement when Monday rolls around and Sky gets a call from the manager offering him the position! Oh sweet relief, we were/are so happy!! Now Sky gets 2 more weeks of "vacation" while we wait for him to start his new job :)  

On top of this, we listed our condo to sell or rent and have received quite a bit of interest which has been such a blessing and hope that something will come from it soon.

I've had quite a few epiphanies throughout this whole experience.  I've come to realize that, although I saw myself as an optimist and a pretty positive person, I'm not sure that I am.  It's funny, actually, because I found that with me, when things get rough, I try to look for the positive and know that everything will be all right.  On the opposite side, however, I realized that when everything is going right, I look for the negative and start wondering when things will go wrong.  Why is that?  I wish I knew.

You see, when things started going right, I kept thinking, this is too good to be true, I'm not meant to be this happy.  What a poor attitude!!  The biggest lesson that I've learned throughout this is that 
our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. 

He wants us to succeed and to have joy even if we have bumps along the road.  I finally know that my main limitation has been fear.  Fear of the unknown, fear of those "bumps."  And now that I know what's holding me back, I'm determined to move forward past it.

I just want to say thank you so much to everyone who has supported and helped us through this with job tips, kind words, emails, cookies, we love you guys!! We have been able to feel of your love and prayers and we so much appreciate it.  I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have to know that there is a plan for us and am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing us so much these past few weeks.  I can't wait for my next adventures with these two cuties, oh how I love them!

10 comments:

micah folsom photography said...

so happy for you guys!

Vause Family said...

So happy for you all. And love the snow shots! You must have been out the same day we were!

The Sayamas said...

I am so happy that everything seems to be working out so well! The Lord works in mysterious ways! :) I am so happy you guys got the position at the storage unit, I think you will do a great job!

Chelsea said...

That is so exciting and such great news! Good to hear everything it turning out good for you guys

hoLLY said...

that is so great! i love how everything just works out sometimes! yay for skyler!

Benjamin and Mollie said...

Steph! That is awesome. So happy to hear about your wonderful little miracles :)

Benjamin and Mollie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley and Devan said...

I am so happy that everything worked out so well for you guys. You totally deserve it.

Mitzi said...

Good things happen to good people! (Oh, and I'm glad you didn't move far either).

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Congrats, on everything!! It sounds like you truly have been blessed with so many things. Hey so I was going to tell you Sean will be attending Fairfield University in Connecticut, so it will be right where you are from. Small world! Plus I did not know you were from Connecticut. I might be talking to you about it before we leave.