If you're wondering why I've been slacking in the blogging area, it's partly due to the lack of pictures that I have. When I say lack of pictures, I really mean lack of useable pictures. Feast your eyes on these beauties:
Selma has gotten to the age where I can't pull out the camera without her wanting to hold it or grab it (or break it).. Fail
This is the sweet smile we get when we ask for one, I really love it so much because it's so dang cute, but doesn't make for a hang-it-on-your-wall type picture.. Semi-fail
Fail..
Another "give me the camera or else".. Fail..
"I'm tired/I want the camera".. Fail..
Looks like I should have given some of my crazy eyes to Selma in this one.. Fail..
So now you know the true reason why I haven't blogged.
I did, however, manage to capture a few goodies from things we've been up to:
A new haircut for me and an investment license (to use at his banking job) for Sky
Selma is now 18 months, cah-razy! I no longer have a baby, she is our little girl running and climbing all over the place. Some of her recent antics include:
Her flour obsession
Don't ask me why, but whenever I make rolls or anything that involves flour, she comes running over and asks "pwees! pwees!" for a little handful of yummy flour. Trust me, she did not get that from me, who likes to eat plain flour? She cracks me up!
Swimming at the Aquatic Center
Don't let that smile fool you, she did not love it. It probably didn't help that it was pretty cold inside for an indoor pool, we decided that they should make little kid "hot" tubs with bathtub temperature water, how awesome would that be?!
Playing with / Bullying her best friend Maddie
I love these pictures! This is Selma with her new best friend, Maddie. As you can see, we were trying to get a picture of them together in their matching PJs, but Selma was not having it, such cute girls!
Where we moved we have awesome neighbors who we get to hang out with all the time! We love it here and Selma and Maddie love playing with each other (still trying to get over the fact that they're leaving us, dang new job! :) It must be an oldest/only child thing, but Selma and Maddie will go from sharing their toys one minute to hitting each other and stealing the other's toy the next. We're so glad they have friends to play with all the time though, they have a lot of fun together!
Other recent festivities/antics include:
Alex and Ashley's wedding (which was BEAUTIFUL!)
(This is the first wedding cake that I helped my mom make and it was a ton of fun, even if we were up til 3AM the night before the wedding, loved it! :)
Playing at the park on the random 1 warm day a week that we have
Loving playing with other people's baby toys (that she basically still fits in)
What a little ball of energy! We love our little squirt so much! At 18 months she:
- Gives hugs to her friends and us and while she's doing it, pats us on the back
- Hasn't made it all the way through sacrament meeting in awhile
- Loves having a blankie, I made another one to try to replace her one that's gotten a little too much love a few months ago and she hated it but has recently started loving whichever soft, silky blanket she has
- Likes to tickle feet
- Has started squealing/screaming sometimes when another kid, or even adult, gets too close and she thinks they're going to steal her food or toys
- Has started shutting the door to her room pretty much whenever she goes into it
- If I go in to check on her and she's playing with something and wants to be alone, she always looks over at me and waves and says "bye!!" If she really wants me to leave, she blows kisses
- She always wants to be the one to knock on the door
- Loves to show us her eyes, ears, mouth, nose, toes, tongue, and belly button by lifting up her shirt over her head
- Her favorite foods right now include: pizza, frosted mini-wheats, peas, corn, Activia yogurt, milk, cheerios, Graduates lil' cruchies, Fruitables juice boxes and any kind of candy or dessert (no surprise there)
- Still LOVES Sesame Street
- Recognizes the letter "Y" and the number "8" (totally from Sesame Street) by bringing me her bath or magnet alphabet
- Sticks her belly out and sways forward and back like a Teletubby or something, I have no clue where she picked this up
- Says: bubble, pwees (please), mom, dad, gake goo (thank you), elmo, neigh, moo, woof, meow, sniffs with her nose for a pig noise, bahk (chicken noise), baa, ma-ee (maddie), ash-ee (ashley), a-ex (alex), baby, yah, no, bye, ny-ny (night night), hewo (hello), soos (shoes), oww!, choo choo, oh (uh-oh), jew (juice)
- Keeps trying to hold in her "business" and really makes herself uncomfortable so we've tried upping her fiber a ton and glycerin suppositories have helped a lot but it seems like she just doesn't want to go in her diaper so today I picked up a little potty today and will probably be starting potty training here soon to see if that will help her. Did I mention that I'm scared out of my mind to start? If you have any tips or tricks that worked for you, PLEASE share!!
We love our little Selma girl!
6 comments:
Steph your hair is DARLING! I love that cut and color on you! BEAUTIFUL!!
that was a good update stef! Selma cracks me up! :) She is so cute! So, how about you share some of your "cake decor" knowledge with me. I have attempted 2 cakes and I don't know what the crap I am doing. I need pointers!
ha steph all these pics are cracking me up1 you gotta love the fail pics! she is stinkin cutE!
your hair is darling!
Steph, I love your hair too! Oh and when I was a kid I totally LOVED eating flour plain!! Looks like me and Selma are the only weird ones out there, haha.
That is so funny that she likes to eat flour. :) I'm glad to see that her and Maddie are such good little friends now. Good job on the cake and I too love the new haircut.
You look super cute in your new haircut!! The fail pics are fun & cute! Selma is such a doll, she seriously is just so adorable! Great job on the cake, it looks amazing!
Post a Comment