Sunday, December 27, 2009

Primary-isms Part II

So, this being the last week we'll teach our darling little primary class since we get a new batch of Sunbeams next week, I thought I'd end with all the funnies that we've had with them that I haven't posted yet.  Hope you enjoy them as much as we have, so cute (and not to mention funny :)

"Why is Sunday special?"
"On Sunday you have to be reverent and don't bite and kick people."

"Why is tithing important?"
"Because you give all your money to the Bishop."

*In the middle of Steph teaching some gospel principle*
4 year old girl (picture her full of sass, seriously, she's hilarious!):  "Teacher!! This weekend, my mom saw New Moon and there was a vampire in it and he sucks a girl's blood!! But she won't let me see it.."

*Right in the middle of the lesson*
5 year old girl yells out: "My brother bited me!"

This was one of the best ones of the whole year, I wish I could have written it down more word for word, but it was one of our girl's prayers that she gave at the end of Sharing Time.  All the teachers were doubled over trying not to laugh, if you only knew what a little ball of sass this little sweetheart is, I will miss her!!
"Winter is my favorite time of year, I love Christmas.  My life is so right on church right now.  Church is my favorite time of year."  *The end.*

We have loved being primary teachers! I am so lucky to be able to teach with Sky, it makes it all the more fun!!  Here's to all our new little 3 year olds coming in, should be an adventure (especially when they came in today during Singing Time to get them used to being in primary and the primary presidency kept trying to get this one little boy to sit down in his chair and he just kept saying "no!" over and over. Fun! :)

4 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

How fun! My husband and I just got called to Primary last week and Sean has already had quite the experience. We are teaching kids age 5-6 and they have already proven to be so sassy. I had Sean teach the kids by himself yesterday and I couldn't help, but feel bad and laugh at the same time. Maybe, I will blog about it. Because it is so funny. But hearing your stories sounds like quite the adventure, so I am looking more forward to it.

StuandSom said...

Yes!! I am just soo on church right now! I loved that prayer. Your new class will be just as entertaining if not more I am sure of it. I mean come on little 'C' informed yesterday that he did not ever want to meet Jesus! It will be a great adventure!

Rory & Lori said...

That is so cute! We just got called to teach primary and we are so excited. We're not sure which age we are going to teach, though, because they have to split the classes. One class has 27! It's kind of crazy!

When I saw that picture of you guys on New years I was laughing so hard! I thought it was hilarious! I hope you're feeling better :) Who took all those pictures anyway?

Vause Family said...

So glad you are willing to put up with two of my crazy children. Hopefully you'll be released by the time our girl comes along.