Monday, January 25, 2010

Where Has the Time Gone?!

So I think I have discovered the reason for my lack of blogging.  I get bored.  Bored of looking at the same old blog every time it pulls up as our home page, blah dee blah.  Finally, I made some time to give it a face lift and voila!!  Blogging motivation!!

Since it's been so long since I've posted, might as well post a little update on our little baby.  Selma is now 14 months, what the?!  Seriously, she is growing up too fast.  Somedays I look at her and just see a little girl, which is so weird, but a good weird :)  Some randoms about her:

She has started loving to scream.  If you take away something from her that she does not want taken away, you either get a growl or a squeal, usually accompanied by this face:



She is my little fashionista!  She is all things girl which I think is hilarious.  Whatever she can find to "put on" she does.  Grandma Julie taught her to put these big plastic ring toys that she has on as bracelets and she does it all the time.  If she finds any sunglasses she immediately puts them on top of her head or has me help her put them on.



I find her this way multiple times a day.  Let's just say headbands don't stay on my head for very long because Selma is constantly wanting mine on her and make sure your phone is out of reach or Selma will be jabbering away on it in no time!



Sorry this is blurry, but I had to include this shot of her trying to hide from me so I wouldn't catch her on our phones.  She's a sneaky little stinker! (Who also loves to play hide and seek :)






This girl is a girl after her dad's own heart.  She LOVES cars! Don't stick her in the front seat or you will not be able to get her out without another one of these faces:



She has become our little daredevil recently and loves to climb anything and everything.  I catch her on (and in) the most random things sometimes!





As much as Selma loves her little friends, she has developed a little attitude too (we're working on the whole sharing thing).  Sometimes it's hard not to laugh at her when she growls at another kid, but at least Zander still loves her! :)



Selma's always loved when we read stories to her but just recently has been pulling out all her books and looking at them by herself.  I need to be careful though because she ripped one of the pages of her most favorite books "Ted & Friends", guess it's board books only for this girl!



I stopped nursing Selma just after a year and now she drinks milk every night before bed.  Just in case you couldn't tell, she loves this part of the bedtime routine.


So this pic makes me sad, my face is horrible! Worse than it's ever been, including teenage years when my skin was actually nice looking, what is wrong with me? Has this happened to any other people in their 20s? Advice?

Finally a trait of mine, this girl loves the piano! Loves it! I love seeing her sneak into the piano room to pound on the keys (not so much when I'm trying to teach lessons though :)




A few other tidbits about her:
  • She's just a little thing, under the 30th percentile in about everything I'm pretty sure
  • She has started to say a lot more words.  Her favorites right now (and by that I mean the ones we can mostly understand :) are: "fwoof" (woof), "mow" (meow), "moke" (milk), mom, dad, "da!" (that), "shish" (fish), "ma!" (grandma), and she signs "please" and "thank you"
  • She LOVES her blankie! She gets so happy when she sees it and wants to be wrapped in it all the time
  • Sleeps from about 8PM-8AM (now if only I would go to bed earlier)
  • Pats her baby-doll on the back to show affection when she picks it up
  • Loves Sesame Street, mostly Elmo's World, and Chuggington (you know it's totally because of the name :)
  • Is still a snuggler when she's tired or bored
We love you girly!




10 comments:

Rory & Lori said...

Love the new blog look! Elma is so cute :) I love that little noise she makes when she is frustrated or mad, it's so girly and cute!

Cami said...

Hey! Love the update! Selma is growing up so fast, and she is adorable!

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with the struggles you say you have (which, by the way.. I don't see anything wrong with your face) I never had worse problems till after Dawson was born. Seriously.. I know how you feel. But let me tell you what has worked for me.. and I'm pretty sure I tried everything. I used Proactive for 6 years.. it just stopped working. So, after a ton of other trial and errors I found the perfect solution:

Wash morning and night with Cetaphil antibacterial cleansing bar

Immediately following apply cetaphil moisturizer. (the kind in the tube.. I cant remember the name)

then apply a thin layer of Benzaclin (prescription)

wait 30 minutes, or right before bedtime add a thin layer of Retin-A (also prescription)

My face was red and pealing for about 3 weeks, but now it is GREAT, I dont have any more breakouts.
Of course, everyone is different, but there is my advice! :)

Christy said...

so cute!! I love your blog. Glad things are going great!

Ashley and Devan said...

I love your new look. So cute! Selma is growing so fast. I love that one year age.. they just learn so many new things and are so much fun.

hoLLY said...

seriously she is growing so fast! she is a doll!

Brod and Ash said...

Not that I am bias or anything because she is my one and only niece but she is adorable! My favorite is when she tells daddy 'na na na' :) Cute post Steph I've been waiting for an update! Hopefully see you guys soon! Luv you!

Heather said...

It is crazy how fast they grow up! She's so cute!

Matt and Marci said...

Your little girly is growing up so fast! She is so adorable! Where are all the pictures of your cute self? As far as having the teenage years come back again... I'm going through that too- but I haven't even had a kid yet! My trick lately has been to not wear any make-up when I stay home for the day and to go swimming/hot tubbing often because it dries out my zits! I have a RX but don't know if it is really helping. I would make an appt with the Dr. and get his expertise and signature for the RX. Good luck with the teenage years!

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness... those faces are priceless! She is getting so big! I can not beleive how time flies. She is so adorable

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That is such a beautiful family picture and I love the new blog look. Selma is seriously adorable.