Friday, October 9, 2009

The Waiting Game..

Right now I'm sitting in the surgical center's waiting room because Sky had his tonsils and adenoids out this morning due to his chronic tonsillitis and sleep apnea and I'm just waiting to be taken back to go see him. I don't know if it's too much Grey's Anatomy lately or what, but I was a little nervous for him to go under the knife so, thankfully, everything went great!

The doc said that his tonsils were so swollen and huge that he couldn't see past them to his throat and was surprised that he could breath and eat okay, why don't boys ever complain about stuff that's wrong with them? He said that they were in the top 10 biggest that he'd ever removed!

Since Sky's mom watched Selma for us last night so that I could bring Sky in this morning without keeping track of our super-mobile 10.5 month old, I've got a few minutes to blog, miracle!

So what've we been up to lately?

Sky:

He's currently working full time as a banker (we're crossing our fingers that his anticipated move to a bigger, better store in the next couple weeks goes through) and taking 10 credits at school, he's a busy guy! He played his last softball game last night since he had surgery today, if only he could have gone out with a win, next year right? When he finds a spare moment, he's reading a new church literature book, watching SportsCenter, Law & Order, or The Office.

Steph:

I've been (mostly) loving going back to school, sometimes driving Selma down to my mom's to drop her off, driving back up to school, sitting in class for 3 hours, and then driving back to pick her up seems like a daunting task. Other than school, I'm busy chasing after our little munchkin and loving taking care of her (see below). I've also been sewing a few things (all of which I've forgotten to take pictures of before I gave them away, I'm a ding dong) and still am teaching one piano lesson a week, how pathetic is that? I guess if I was teaching from my house it'd be a lot easier to advertise since I could get people from our ward, but still.. If anybody needs piano lessons, I've got some openings! :)

Hmm.. What else? Oh, my old work that I was helping get things situated from home since I had Selma finished their need for me so I'm interviewing for another little work-from-home job on Monday that is similar to my old one, it would be great so wish me luck!

And what you've all really been waiting for...

Selma:

She is our little adventurer!! I know I mentioned before that because she was pretty mellow and content to sit and look when she was little, I thought that she would be a pretty mellow baby all the time.. Boy, was I wrong, what a little busy-body!!

I just realized I never blogged about her crawling, well good job mom because she's about walking now, haha! The mobility started in Lake Powell when she started rolling multiple times in a row (which she'd never done before) and she progressed to getting up on her knees and rocking to crawling on her knees within the next few weeks. I kept waiting for her to do the cute army crawl that babies do, I love that, but she never did.



After a week or two of crawling, her whole goal in life was to crawl to things and pull herself up, she would then just be content to stand and look, that didn't last long. She moved on to walking around stuff to walking holding our fingers to standing by herself and even taking a few steps here and there, she's getting so big!!

Besides attempting to walk and crawling all over the place, her other loves in life are:

Bathtime!
We still bathe her in the sink, which we probably will until we move to a new place so hopefully that will be soon since she loves to grab the faucet and anything else within reach, oh, and splash everything around her!

Car-rides:
She loves when we go outside to get in the car, she kicks her legs and squeals and will often sing or talk to me in the car (well, more like babble :) And, of course, who doesn't like a little snooze during a car-ride?

Kitties (and other animals):
She has this little kittens book that is now trashed because she loves it so much, not to mention her kitty stuffed animals and, of course, the real things. She really loves all animals though and started loving them a couple months ago. Before she was never here nor there and now she loves
dogs and cats and loves petting them. She even does a "dog" sound when we say "what does a doggie say?" and then make a barking sound, she usually goes "uh! uh!"

Climbing!
She loves climbing on things, climbing up stairs (if we let her very often), climbing up other things, you name it..

Eating!
She loves food, loves it!! Her favorites right now are cheese (for sure #1), yogurt, grapes, Cheerios, ice cream & chocolate (I know, we're bad, right?), spaghetti, pizza, chicken, apples, turkey slices, pancakes, scrambled eggs, I could go on and on because I can't really think of anything she doesn't like.. Also on the eating side, she LOVES water, she seriously cannot get enough and gets mad when I won't always let her have it since I don't want her to get all filled up with water. Another big plus (at 10 months) she takes a bottle (although I'll still nurse her til she's a year)!! Yay!

Exploring!
Her favorite thing is cupboards, no matter where we are, if there's a cupboard she'll try to open it. She's not too bad about destroying things and pulling everything out, but she definitely likes finding new treasures and opening and shutting things and if she see's something she wants and we put it away, she'll remember where it is and go find it later.

Teething:
Okay, that's a lie, but her 4 teeth sure are cute! She got her first two teeth, her bottom teeth, in Lake Powell at 7 months and her top two teeth a few weeks ago. She has this gap between the top two and I just love them, they seriously make her look just that much more grown up. This is what she does when we smile at her really big:

Electronics!
What baby doesn't love electronics? Our cell phones, computers, TVs, and with Selma, mostly our surround sound. Do you think she's trying to tell us something when she goes up to the sound, turns it down, and crawls away? Haha..



Playing Games:
She loves patty cake, peek-a-boo, the "I'm gonna get you!" game, and she loves to clap. Whenever we say "Good job!" or "Yay!!" or she hears other people clapping, she'll clap and get really proud of herself but hey, we're proud of her too!

Making Friends:
Selma loves to wave to random people over and over again until they wave back or pay attention to her, she's our little ham! She also loves to point to who she wants to go see, what she wants, or where she wants to go.

Along with the "Making Friends" part, but maybe the opposite, she has discovered binkies. No, not her own, other baby's binkies. I get to watch Hayes once or twice a week for a couple hours and Selma loves it! She and Hayes are starting to "play" together more and more, they're going to be best buds! That is, if Selma stops stealing his binkie:

At the beginning, she starts out subtle and plays "peek-a-boo" with Hayes in his carseat, see that little suspicious face on Hayes?

She doesn't waste anytime and goes right for the prize..

She'll examine it for a sec, try to go for her mouth, not with mom on patrol though..

At least she's considerate though, right? She always gives him back his bink, way to go girl!

So after she'd done this a couple times, I seriously tried to give her one of her own that she never had an interest in and, you guessed it, she still didn't care, silly girl :)

It seems like she's EXPLODED lately with everything she's learning and we love it!! It might even make it a little hard not to laugh when she learns something naughty (like throwing a little fit when we take her away from something).. We sure love you though Selma girl! Soon we'll catch a little video of you walking, you're getting so so big!

5 comments:

micah folsom photography said...

Ahh she is getting so big and grown up!! What a cutie pie!! Hope everything goes well with Sky's surgery!

Chelsea said...

She is getting so big! Ugh... the stuff I have looking forward too! :-) Good to hear all is well with you guys!

hoLLY said...

she is so big & all that she is doing is so excting as a mom! i love it and good luck to your hubby!

Randi Patch said...

i can't believe she is already crawling! Where have I been?! She is the cutest little girl ever! Sounds like things are going good. Loves!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens! She is so big!! Absolutely adorable, Steph. I can't wait for our little guy.

I hope everything went okay with Sky's surgery. That sounds pretty big if you ask me.