Saturday, July 11, 2009

Selma's Shoot at Six Months..

Selma turned 6 months at the end of May and so we enlisted my uber-talented and good friend, Kami, to capture this fun age and time for us, thanks girl, I was so excited to get these back!!

Before we went out to shoot the pictures at the beginning of June, Kami had this neat idea to do a "flowerpot" type picture with Selma as the flowers sitting in a pot. I made the two little flower hats with flowers from Joanns and two of those hair caps you get from beauty supply stores that you can highlight your hair with and glued the little flowers all over the cap with hot glue and finished it off with ribbon to tie around the back, I think they turned out pretty cute!

Seriously though, Kam, you did such an awesome job!! I can't get over how well these show Selma's personality and how cute they are, LOVE them!!



One of her nicknames is our "cheesy girl".. Give her a smile and she'll scrunch up her nose and grin at ya, cheese!!



I love this one, she's our somber little gal sometimes..



Classic Selma sucking in her bottom lip..



Cheese!


Kami brought her adorable petti-skirt that's actually her daughter Navie's, who's 4, so it was a little big but we improvised and they turned out to be some of my favorite ones!

Selma pretty much always has her arms in the air like this, and lately has had them bouncing up and down non-stop.. I thought she was going to be so mellow cause that's how she started but now she's suddenly so hyper!!

I think she looks so much like a little girl in this picture, even with her crazy hair..

Is it me or is it hard to not kiss your baby to death? I always seem to be kissing those cheeks..



Another classic Selma, toes always must be curled..


By the end of the shoot, we were all super hot and Selma was getting hungry and tired so we tried putting some actual outfits on her but it just wasn't working out so awesome job Kami for even getting the shots you did!



Sorry for the picture overload, I basically could have posted all of the pictures she took since I loved them all.. Thanks again for the memories and the beautiful pictures, can't wait to blow them up and get them printed, you're the best Kam!! For more of her super cute pictures, make sure you check out her website: kaminelson.blogspot.com..

15 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

She looks so adorable! I love all of the pictures. What a good idea with the flower pot theme, super cute.

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

Selma is so dang cute. Everyone of those pictures are cute. Love the flower pot idea.

Benjamin and Mollie said...

Oh my gosh I am in love with these pictures!!! She is so stinkin' cute and your friend is AMAZING!

cheeks said...

these turned out great.....but, i don't think selma could ever take a bad picture! she's so freakin cute!!!! love the flower pot idea and that petti-skirt is amazing! did your friend make that??

The McDonalds said...

She is so dang adorable! I love her big blue eyes! Those pictures turned out great, I love the flower hats!

The Obergs said...

oh my gosh! These are so great! I'm glad you posted so many of them, they look perfect. She's such a doll. I love the flower hat.

Heather said...

Those turned out so cute! She did a good job! Good idea on the flower hat too. She's a cutie!

Chelsea said...

You are so creative! So cute!

Matt and Marci said...

Your baby girl is beautiful...and the cutest dang flower I've ever seen! What fun pictures to have!

hoLLY said...

get out!!! those are so super cute! i love all of them, Selma is so photogenic!!!! i love kami, she is awesome!

Ryan and Shalee said...

Hey Steph, where is that fun blue-green back drop(fence)? I love that color. Email me at shaleenay@msn.com

Ryan and Shalee said...

By the way the pictures are great and it makes them even better when you put a beautiful little girl in there. Especially those eyes. She's a DOLL!!

Georgi Family said...

those pics are absolutely darling! She did such a good job. She is such a pretty girl. Maybe we can do an arranged marraige for her and Taylor. 8)

Christian and Melissa said...

What an adorable little girl! These pictures are to die for. I'm so glad you left me a message on my blog. It's fun to catch up!

Joni and Rico Adams said...

Oh my gosh Steph your little girl is gorgeous! This is the cutest shoot too, good photog! I can't believe you have a little one and she's so big!