Monday, June 22, 2009

Selma Doesn't Like Play Group..

..but her mommy sure does!! So I don't know what it is, but it seems like every other Wednesday Selma decides that she wants to be a pill. It's rather funny actually, like clockwork on play group days, she is crankier than normal, which makes for an interesting situation and often leads to me leaving earlier than most. It's okay though, we still have fun, right girls? (Well, as long as nobody cares about having a fussy baby around for a little bit :)

A couple weeks ago we headed to the South Ogden Splash Pad with our kiddos. We all brought a lunch, ate, talked, chased kids, splashed around, talked some more, chased some more kids, and sweltered in the afternoon sun. I think the heat might have had something to do with Selma not wanting to be there that day, it really was so hot! Since the Splash Pad is so new, there is literally no shade there except for the bowery (is that what it's called?) that has tables all over it so my recommendation if you go is to take a beach-type umbrella to provide some shade.


Selma didn't like the water really so we just sat and chatted with the other mommies


I loved this picture of Hayes with his little tongue sticking out, isn't he always dressed so dang cute?!


I'm so glad that Victoria comes, she even brings her sister in law's kids too when she babysits them, she's basically Supermom..


Wish I could pull off a hat like Mitzi does, she's always so cute and stylish!

Hopefully Selma will enjoy our next play group, I guess I should start calling it "mom's group" since it's more for us mom's anyway, at least for now. Either way, it sure is fun and I love getting out of the house!

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

Awww, your so sweet! I look forward to play (moms) group every time too! Thanks for organizing it

Liv said...

I can hardly stand to wait until I have kids!

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats too funny that it happens every time its playgroup. Thats so fun you do it with friends. We've been down to that splash pad but were trying to figure out how to turn the water on, or if only comes on during certain times? Looks fun.