Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Fun Story with Rory & Lori..

Like the rhyme? I couldn't resist :) A couple weeks ago, we had the privilege of dining with our good friends, Rory & Lori, and all of our kids (yes, all of our kids, sounds like a lot more than 3). Lucky for me, we went to Red Robin, one of my most favorite restaurants (yummy, bottomless steak fries = happy tummies for all)..

It was packed!! We had to wait in the little alcove between the outer doors and inner doors because of the full restaurant inside and the gale force winds outside, I should have gotten a free dinner since I basically had no choice due to limited space and became Red Robin's newest employee holding the door open for everyone and welcoming them to the restaurant.

The guys were on babe duty:


Kaemon was doing a great job of being his cute little self:

And Lori and I were in charge of taking silly pictures of ourselves:


During dinner, Selma sat in her high chair while I fed her some carrots and then got antsy so Sky was holding her. Not more than two minutes later, I look over and she was out, and I mean out. The restaurant was loud, we were laughing and she didn't move a muscle. She'd never done that before so it was pretty funny to see. We had to get a picture of that, of course:


We had the weirdest waiter while we were there, let's just say his customer service skills were just a little bit non-existent. I love Red Robin, but I swear every time we go we always get the crappiest waiters, go figure!

Anywho, I got up the guts to ask him to take a picture of us (I always feel silly asking other people to take a picture of us, I don't know why, nobody really cares about taking pictures of other people... right?) and he couldn't figure out the camera so I was right in the middle of telling him where to press when he figured it out and took the picture. I knew my mouth would be open so I asked if the picture looked okay or if we should take another one, he assured me it was fine so he gave me my camera and disappeared again. I don't know if he's got an awkward taste in pictures or what but this was the end result:


How awkward is that? I burst out laughing just about every time I see this, I think it looks like I'm making some weird grunting noise.. Needless to say, I won't be asking him to take other pictures for us anytime soon..

After dinner, we decided to drive out to the Sayama's lot and check it out, I love their neighborhood!! It is seriously perfect for a young family, right next to a brand-new park and down the street from a fabulous elementary, I love it! Sky is pretty much sold on moving out there, one day I guess :)

Rory, Lori and cute, blurry Kaemon standing on their lot:

Since their lot is pretty close to Sky's parent's, we all headed over there and talked and played some Five Crowns, it was a super fun night!! Thanks friends!

1 comment:

Matt and Marci said...

love the awkward pictures.... I mean who doesn't know how to work a digital camera these days, really?