Friday, April 3, 2009

The Infamous 100th..

As a celebration of sorts for my "100th post," I decided to follow in Kami & Paige's footsteps and post 100 things about me.

  1. I'm 22 years old, born October 15th in Boston, Mass.
  2. I've lived in several states and three countries thanks to my military brat heritage, but I call Utah home since I've lived here the longest.
  3. When we lived in England, I developed an English accent from my friends and would say "Mummy, can I have a go?" to my mom.
  4. I love to play the piano and started playing when I was 8.
  5. I started the "Chipmunk Patrol" when I was in elementary since I had really bad buck teeth and got teased a lot.
  6. I loved dancing around with my brothers to classical music when we were little and "performing" for my parents.
  7. I used to want to be a pediatrician, until I didn't want to be the person to make little kids cry.
  8. I love to play soccer, indoor and out, have played since I was a little girl and had a blast being on a comp team in high school.
  9. My dad named me after I was born because he felt that the name fit me; my middle name is after his mom's middle name, which is Leigh, but mine's spelled Lee.
  10. The most wonderfully rewarding thing that I have done in my life is being a mom.
  11. Then again, the hardest two weeks of my life were the two after I had her.
  12. I love antiquing furniture and making old things seem new again.
  13. I'm the "computer tech" of our family and am in charge of all the technological stuff.
  14. I hate cleaning out the fridge, throwing away the old leftovers and cleaning the dishes that were holding the old food, talk about gross!
  15. I love having people over and entertaining, even though sometimes it stresses me out a little.
  16. I am so glad that I have the knowledge that the gospel has brought me and that I can live with my family forever (to learn more about what I believe, click here)
  17. I am the oldest of 9 siblings, whether they be biological, step or half, and I love them all!
  18. I married the love of my life, Skyler, on March 10th, 2006 after 7 months of dating.
  19. I only have one semester left of college to get my Bachelors of Integrated Studies and it's really hard getting the motivation to go back, but the plan is to finish up this fall.
  20. I graduated from Northridge High in 2004 and did my first year of college at Utah State.
  21. I performed musically at three NHS graduations: 2003, 2004 & 2005.
  22. I am an avid Utah Jazz fan and know some pretty useless trivia, mostly in part to my husband.
  23. I wish that I watched less TV.
  24. I love to read and am currently finising The Fire of the Covenant and starting The Work & the Glory series.
  25. I ordered the Post Natal Boot Camp DVDs today so I can get rid of my "mommy flab" and I'm excited!
  26. I love to feel organized and can't relax if I don't feel like I am.
  27. Although it may not seem like it from my last post, I don't like playing jokes on people because I don't want to make anybody feel bad, a "people pleaser" if you will.
  28. I'm a total bargain shopper and have a hard time buying a shirt if it costs more than $10.
  29. I clip coupons with my mom and always buy groceries with coupons.
  30. I once started writing a novel in 4th grade, it was called "Into the Land of the Unicorns" and I had finished 40 pages until our computer crashed, I'm sure it would have been a best seller :)
  31. I never use rags in the kitchen to wipe stuff up, I hate the way they smell and make my fingers smell after one use so I always use Clorox wipes or paper towels to wipe the counters off.
  32. Because my parents brainwashed me, I used to think until after I graduated that the crust of bread was better for you than all the rest of it and that "double-dipping" was when you dipped two fries at a time.
  33. I don't like too floral-y of scents on me, they end up making my stomach hurt if they're too strong.
  34. I was a big choir nerd in high school: I was the first to be part of both show choirs and won Outstanding Choir Student of the Year my senior year, yah, I'm cool :)
  35. I used to have a little bit of a crush on David Archuleta.
  36. I gave up my blankie cold-turkey when I was 3 because the dentist said I had to stop sucking my finger.
  37. I grind my teeth really loud at night.
  38. I spill a lot when I eat.
  39. I hate my feet being cold and I can't be warm unless my feet are.
  40. My favorite colors are green and yellow.
  41. I was once nominated for high school dance royalty but got beat out by the head cheerleader :)
  42. I love to sew and create new things for less than I would spend buying them.
  43. I'm trying to teach myself how to crochet by watching videos on YouTube.
  44. I have a huge sweet tooth and it's hard to not want something sweet after lunch and dinner.
  45. Sometimes I think that I've gotten less friendly and open to other people since I graduated and want to work on that.
  46. I had IBS before I was pregnant and so had to have 2 colonoscopies and several EGDs, at least I used to work for a GI doctor.
  47. I love all seasons (like fall, winter, etc.) but by the end of them, I'm ready for the next one to start.
  48. I'm hard of hearing so sometimes I have to ask people to repeat themselves, especially my mumbler-husband :)
  49. I never miss an episode of Lost, Gossip Girl, Jon & Kate + 8, The Office and Law & Order.
  50. My favorite flowers are orchids and lilies.
  51. I broke my collar bone from a teeter-totter and my wrist rollerblading at Classic Skating.
  52. I've been to Women's Conference twice and am hoping to go again this year because it's fabulous!
  53. I wish I could say that I love to scrapbook but I don't, I'm not patient enough.
  54. It takes 2-3 minutes to blow-dry my hair since it's so thin.
  55. I'm a Republican.
  56. Sometimes I don't get dressed or make the bed until right before Sky gets home from work (hey, it's gotta look like I've done something all day right? :)
  57. I've been planning all of our meals every two weeks, it makes it so much easier to grocery shop and we waste a lot less food that way.
  58. I have a "most-comfortable face" that comes out when I'm spacing or sleeping.
  59. I wish I was more creative.
  60. I've always wanted to invent something since I was little and am constantly trying to think of new, innovative things.
  61. Sometimes I get in cleaning spurts and can't stop until everything's clean, I wish I got in them more often :)
  62. I didn't learn how to french braid until I graduated from high school, before then I just couldn't grasp the concept, and I can still only really do it on myself.
  63. Posting all of these things about me makes me feel a little self-centered.
  64. It's hard for me to drink water right out of the tap.
  65. I used to hate leftovers and was super paranoid about things expiring but I'm slowly moving past that.
  66. I taught myself how to play the organ (I still can't play it very well, but good enough to play in church I guess).
  67. When I wear socks they have to match the outfit I'm wearing.
  68. I'm not very good at remembering to floss.
  69. I was in DECA (marketing club) in high school senior year and ended up placing so that my partner and I could go to DECA Nationals in Nashville, it was a party!
  70. I've never seen an unedited R-rated movie (although most PG-13 movies nowadays aren't that great content-wise so that probably doesn't mean too much now).
  71. I still haven't started my "Pay It Forward" crafts for other people (sorry girls!) which leads me to...
  72. I'm a procrastinator.
  73. I don't get afraid to speak in front of other people, at least not usually.
  74. I'm a freak about having everything spelled correctly in anything I write and notice misspelled words in billboards, advertisements, etc. and wonder why they didn't hire someone to spell-check before they sent it to printing.
  75. If I don't finish a craft or sewing project right when I start it, chances are it probably won't get finished ever, at least for awhile.
  76. I wish that I would have known what I wanted for our wedding instead of listening to and relying so much on other people's opinions.
  77. Ever since I watched this episode of Oprah, I'm afraid of the dust mites in our bed.
  78. I'm the one who checks to make sure the doors are locked every night before we get in bed.
  79. As I've gotten older, my hair has gotten darker and my skin and eyes have gotten lighter.
  80. I've had braces, head-gear, both a built-in and removable Herbst appliance, I currently have a built-in retainer on my top teeth and kind of want to get braces again someday.
  81. I still do a little bit of work from home for my old work, it's nice but when I'm home I'd rather be doing something else.
  82. I get charlie-horses in my toes a lot.
  83. I have a highly sensitive sense of smell, oftentimes Sky doesn't believe me when I tell him that there's a weird smell because he can't smell it.
  84. I think laundry is one of the worst chores ever, the only thing I like about it is that I can do it while watching a show on TV.
  85. Sky & I met at a WSU Institute Dance, typical I know.
  86. Sky is better at remembering presents for holidays/anniversaries/birthdays than I am.
  87. As much as I'd like to conserve energy, I hate the fluorescent-y white light energy efficient light bulbs put out.
  88. I'm the one who pays the bills, with the money that Sky provides :)
  89. I love getting advice from people and am constantly asking for other people's opinions.
  90. Two of my favorite movies of all time are Sense and Sensibility and Practical Magic, I could watch them multiple times and pretty much have them memorized.
  91. I would take pearls over diamonds to wear any day.
  92. If I had a shopping spree to three clothing stores, I would pick Banana Republic, The Buckle & J. Crew, and I would still go for the sales racks first because I'd want to get the most for my money.
  93. I have a love for the pioneers and a passion for learning more about them and their inspiring stories. I've been on two pioneer treks, loved every minute and can't wait to go again! If I could go back to any time in history, it would be the time of the pioneers/Joseph Smith, I would love that simplicity in life.
  94. I love the rain, I think that comes from growing up in Germany and England where it rains a lot.
  95. I used to catch grasshoppers and play with slugs when I was younger but now I hate bugs.
  96. I hope I don't pass my insecurities on to my children.
  97. When we performed the "pencil test" on me, it said that I would have 6 kids: girl, girl, boy, girl, girl, boy. Guess we'll see how true old wives' tales can be, eh?
  98. I'm the one in the family to put stuff together, like furniture we get, etc. For some reason, I really like to follow an instruction booklet and make something out of almost nothing, and Sky really doesn't.
  99. I hope to be an elementary school teacher someday when all my (6) kids are in school :)
  100. I can't believe that I actually spent all that time thinking of 100 things about me.

Did you make it through this post? Kudos to you!! Hope you learned something you didn't know about me and my wackiness. Here's to 100 posts and plenty more to come! Happy blogging!!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Yes you slacker! Where is my lovely handmade by Stephanie Chugg gift?? I have finished my PIF gifts and are waiting for my 3 people to post their PIF on their blogs before I give it to them. Is that mean (it was in the rules, right...)?

Chantel and Brian said...

that was fun, I learned TONS. I LOVED Fire of the Covanant and the Work and Glory series. I read them last year.

Jewels said...

WOW! I am impressed! I can barely come up with 25 interesting things about me! :)

Jewels said...

PS--I'm gonna steal your idea of posting milestone pics of baby Tanner!

Craig and Sharelle said...

Steph, that was so fun to read all that about you! You're a great writer - you should consider writing another book...just back it up this time! I can totally relate to the wedding planning thing. There are so many things I would do different if I had it to do over again, but the main point was to get married and we did that, so I should just get over it!!!

Mitzi said...

And that is why we love you! You are seriously amazing and you didn't mention that you are such an awesome friend!

Reggs said...

This was so great! And we need to go shopping, I lurvvve Banana Republic and J.Crew!
I really enjoyed getting to know you better. I'd like to know more about all your travels to exotic lands. :)

Jackie Norris said...

Wow, I'm impressed! That's tough to think of 100 things. I learned a lot about you, thanks for posting!