"Do you like being a mom?"
Ever since I had this sweet-cheeked little girl, that seems to be everybody's favorite question to ask me..
Ever since I had this sweet-cheeked little girl, that seems to be everybody's favorite question to ask me..
My answer, of course, being.. "I love it! It's a lot of work but it's the fun kind of work."
Fun? You may ask.. Is getting up at 3 in the morning to change a diaper fun?
Well, it might not be fun in the traditional sense, but let me tell you.. When you're feeling just a little frustrated at getting up for the 4th time that night and wishing that, somehow, maybe babies could learn to change themselves, this is what makes it all worth it..
..And it puts you in your place pretty fast, too. With one little coo or one little smile, your frustrated little heart melts and you can't even fathom being agitated with your perfect, sweet baby.
You can almost hear her tiny voice saying, "Mommy, don't be upset, I wouldn't get you up from your soft, comfortable bed unless I absolutely needed to. I love you and I'm going to show you just how much by giving you my best smile, even though it's 3 in the morning."
You can almost hear her tiny voice saying, "Mommy, don't be upset, I wouldn't get you up from your soft, comfortable bed unless I absolutely needed to. I love you and I'm going to show you just how much by giving you my best smile, even though it's 3 in the morning."
Before I became a mom, I never thought I'd:
Lay in bed worrying about my baby until I stealthily creep into her room to softly touch her soft spot and make sure she's still breathing..
Enjoy the late night feedings, what great bonding time..
Feel so guilty when she's not feeling well and wonder if everything that's happened to her is my fault..
Want to go through the whole labor and delivery process again..
And speaking of that, I never thought I'd want to be pregnant again already (not that it's going to happen :) It's such a crazy phenomenon the way we just kind of forget all of the pains and aches of pregnancy and want to go through that amazing experience again, I think it's a blessing..
Want to go through the whole labor and delivery process again..
And speaking of that, I never thought I'd want to be pregnant again already (not that it's going to happen :) It's such a crazy phenomenon the way we just kind of forget all of the pains and aches of pregnancy and want to go through that amazing experience again, I think it's a blessing..
Get so crazy-in-love with every smile and coo..
Have trouble getting my baby on a sleeping/feeding schedule..
Take SO many pictures! "Oh, she's yawning! Hurry, get the camera!" "Oh, she's sticking her tongue out! The camera, hurry!" "That is such a cute outfit, we need to get a picture!" And so on, and so forth..
Literally ache to hold my baby sometimes, it's weird the physical things you go through..
6 comments:
Ditto to all. I love it too!
Amen. I am with you one hundred percent! The bows and headbands weren't too bad I'll make you a few if you want
Amen. I am with you one hundred percent! The bows and headbands weren't too bad I'll make you a few if you want
All of my friends are either having babies or have had babies. It is so amazing to listen to them talk about how much love they have for this child! I can't wait to have kids and feel those same feelings! Selma is gorgeous and such a good smiler! She is beautiful! :)
I absolutely love the last pic of Selma. It's adorable! Motherhood is incredible. It was great to see you and Selma the other day. I forgot to see your nursery though. It looks so cute from the pictures on your blog. Good job amazing girl.
Oh darling Steph, you are the cutest Mommy! I love your zest for it. It gets even better as they get older.
Post a Comment