Monday, November 17, 2008

Sleep Study


I know that it has been an extremely long time since I have actually been one to post any blogs, seems like Steph has mainly been the one to take charge of our blog. But figuring Steph wasn't able to accompany me to my very interesting night at the Sleep Center. For some reason I have this nasty habit of wanting to stop breathing in my sleep and then gasping for air, so Steph being worried like she has been witht the baby coming and all decided that it would be a good idea to get a checked up and make sure that I am good to go. Anywho, back to my nifty experience at the Sleep Center, when I got to the Center they hooked me up to what seemed like a million and one machines with wires all over my body to monitor my heart and my breathing patterns, which the funny thing is that they actually expect you to get a normal nights sleep after all of the tubes in my nose. Well this past week I found out my results and they want me to come back and try out their CPAP machine and see if that will help me sleep better at night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's intense. Good luck on that!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry... I was also going to say that I completely agree with you. I don't know how in the world they expect anyone to sleep comfortably after all of that junk is tied to you. I'd be tossing and turning the entire time. Do they play relaxing music and use massage? Maybe I'd fall asleep then.

micah folsom photography said...

Holy cow... I could NEVER fall asleep with all that junk on my face!

Matt and Marci said...

Wow...that's a cute look for you Sky.

Rory & Lori said...

Wow, that's scary! I am glad you are getting it checked out. Rory breathes weird in his sleep sometimes. I often find myself whacking him in the middle of the night. But he won't go to the doctor. Let us know how it all turns out and good luck!