Friday, November 21, 2008

Distract Me, Anything to Distract Me..

Blogging it is.. Distractions are a beautiful thing when you're having contractions.

Here I am, sitting in a hospital bed blogging and watching James Bond: Casino Royale..



Not what I was expecting when we were driving to the hospital to have our baby today.. It's funny the things that you picture as you're trying to get an accurate portayal of what labor is going to be like. I've been having contractions now for the past 3 hours or so and just waiting for Dr. Housel to come break my water, pretty crazy stuff!!

I'm getting a little scared to get the epidural when that happens and for the actual birth process, fear of the unknown is something that I've always had so going in to something not knowing what to expect is a little nerve-wracking..

Something else I'm scared about? Well, I guess not really scared, but the other night I had this dream that Baby came out a boy and Chris and Mitzi's little guy came out a girl and we were all like, what is going on? When I woke up, I still had that in the back of my mind and decided that I would love some peace of mind right about then. I get to work and the sweet ultrasound tech, Steph, decides to "deliver me" (pun intended, must be the IV) from my dilemma and scans me real quick. She assures me that Baby is definitely still a girl and got some cute shots of her face too :)

I'm telling my mom this today and she decides to tell me a funny, and I use that term loosely, little story (love ya Mom!). Apparently she was talking to my aunt today and she told my mom that one of her nieces had just had a baby two weeks ago and they had told her all along that it was a girl. I think you're all following where I'm going because when she had her baby, it was a BOY!! What a shocker that would be.. I think my mommy "instincts" would be thrown for a loop..

Welp, Sky's got the computer ready and waiting to update after Baby makes her appearance! We can't wait!!

5 comments:

Jackie Norris said...

Yey! How exciting. I didn't know you could watch movies while you were about to deliver. Sa-weet!

And you said your doctors name is Housel? Is it Darren Housel? If it is then my husband and I are really good friends with his son and his wife. Not a very common name, so I bet it's the same guy! Small world!

Marianne said...

I can't believe you're blogging while you're in labor! What a good idea. I hope everything goes well and that the baby doesn't surprise you by being a boy. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You kill me! I love the fact that you are blogging. I actually really appreciate the fact that you are keeping us so "UP to DATE!" literally! Good luck! I'm SO SO excited for you! Can't wait to see the cute little one!

PS, the same incident happened to my cousin. She was expecting a little boy (okay, how do you mess that one up?) all the way up until she saw there was no little thingy and it was a girl through and through. She's had 3 girls now in a row.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I can't wait to see little baby Chugg. Good luck with everything!

Jennifer Fisher said...

Okay I'm getting impatient where is she??? I'm pretty impressed that your blogging while your having contractions. I'm guessing you got the epidural(smart choice). Any who I'm glad you are blogging so I know whats going on. Keep up the good work.