Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's Official, We're Parents








Hey everyone, I'm sure a bunch of you recieved our text messages this moring with a picture of our new little bundle of joy, Selma Jane. Little Selma was born November 22nd at 2:04 A.M. weighing in at 7 lbs 2 oz. Length 19 in. both Mother and Baby are doing great.









So far little Selma has been a really calm baby, spending most of the day asleep. After she was born she cried maybe a total of 30 seconds and just enjoying the new joy of sight. Steph right now is just trying to figure out the new joys of breast feeding as Selma only wants to sleep.









For now I'll leave it as this simple post and add more to it later as the overwhelming joy of being a new parent fades and fear sets in as I start thinking clearly. I dont know if this feeling will ever leave as I must say my baby is the cutest of any that I have ever seen. Sorry everyone your babies dont even compare.

30 comments:

Dream come true said...

congratulations! It really is so great!

Jennifer Fisher said...

Congratulations again. What a doll!!! I would love to come see her, but Owen is sick and I've still got a little something so hopefully once you've settled at home we can come by and see you. Till then take care and call me if you need anything. You two did a great job:)

Nisa and Colby said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I hope everything is going well. Just remember to sleep when she sleeps or you will wear out pretty fast. She is adorable!

Cami said...

SHE IS SO CUTE!! Congrats!

Rory & Lori said...

Those pictures don't even do her justice. She is absolutely GORGEOUS! I am so glad I was able to come and visit you guys today! You all looked great! Congratulations and let us know when we can come visit you at home!

Ryan and Shalee said...

Steph congrats that is so exciting!! I am so happy. How fun!! How cute!!

cheeks said...

hey congrats! What a sweet little thing! i love her name! we are excited for your little family!
-jami and brett-

Kevin and SueAnn said...

I am so exited to be a great aunt!! She is the cutest baby EVER!! We want to come see her asap, let us know when works for you!

Marianne said...

Congratulations! There is nothing better in the whole world than welcoming a baby into the world. Now you guys know that first hand. She is beautiful! (Our little girl's middle name is Jane too. You have good taste.)

Vickie said...

As Steph's Mom, I have to say that Selma is the most beautiful little baby girl that I've seen...well, at least for the past 22 years or so! Sky and Steph do great work--with a little help from above!

Blaine said...

Yea! You did it! That is so happy for you. She is so cute and little! I can't believe George was ever that small. Enjoy every second - it goes by so fast. They just keep getting more fun!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is absolutely beautiful and I am sure you will make great parents! Crazy to think how much you can love something so new in your life. Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

Congratulations she is so beautiful! I'm glad that everything went well with the delivery and mother and baby are well. Good luck with everything.

Chelsea said...

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful! I can not even imagine how it feels! But I guess we will find out in a few months!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

She looks perfect. I can't wait to see her in person. Congrats!!

hoLLY said...

Congrats! we can't wait to meet her!shes sooo cute!

Lissy and Dan Valletta said...

Yeah! Congrats! You'll be awesome parents!!!

Georgi Family said...

YEah! I am so excited for you guys! She looks a lot like skylar. She is such a cutie! Now i have to come see your new baby too. Congrats.

Chantel and Brian said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! Wow, she's so close to Parker's size it's crazy! I hope you recover fast Steph!

Clark Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!! She is so cute! So glad that all went well!

Matt and Marci said...

You're a momma Steph! I can't believe it! I am so happy for you guys! Selma is adorable. I hope that I can see her in person some time. How special to have such a sweet part of heaven apart of your family! Take care....and CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS to you both!

micah folsom photography said...

How exciting! Congrats you guys! She is beautiful!

Matt and Lindsay said...

Congrats she is such a doll!!

JOHNICA said...

I can't wait to hear her laugh like her momma. You're a MOM! I wanna squeeze her cheeks

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

CONGRATS!!! She is so sweet and cute!!

Brook Parker said...

Awww she is so adorable! CoNgRaTs!! I hope you are doing good, and I can't wait to see more pics! I Love the name too, very cute!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. I love the name as well. Congrats you two! We're so excited for you!

Mitzi said...

I know I told you before, but I just love her! I knew she'd be cute, but she even surpassed anything I'd imagined. Thanks for letting me snuggle a bit with her and I hope you don't care if I come back and do it often!

Christi said...

Steph she is gorgeous! I love the picture of you two looking at each other, it's so precious! I am so happy for your new little family. Love Christi

Courtney Allphin said...

She is darling Steph! Congrats, I'm way happy for you guys, being a new mom is the best!!!