Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My favorite new hobby!

Quilting!

The one thing that I wasn’t able to wait to do was start sewing, I have been so anxious to start making things for our baby. I’m still not sure that I should start making the bedding yet just in case “things” change :)

Sky, however, decided that a good quilt to make now would be a Jazz quilt, of course, so we went out on Saturday afternoon and got the fabric to make it and I headed over to my mom’s house so that I could keep occupied while Sky did his homework.

A closeup of the "Jazz" fabric that we found

I worked on it for a lot of the weekend and finished cutting the “fringe,” or whatever you would call it, today!! We're going to have to take it to a laundromat to wash it and fray it since we didn’t want to get a bunch of lint and fabric and stuff in our washer and dryer.


I’m so excited with how it turned out, it’s not perfect but it’s not too bad for my first one eh? I can’t wait for it to get some use :) Sky said that if our doctor’s guess was wrong that he would still use it when we watch Jazz games since it turned out a little bigger than what I had thought. It was supposed to be a full size adult quilt so my mom and I made some measurement changes and it still is a little bigger than what we pictured but better too big than too small right?

If anybody wants to start a sewing club, we should do it! :)

2 comments:

The Sayamas said...

That looks awesome! Good job Steph! I'll be in your sewing club. Rory bought me a machine...will you teach me to sew!?

Dream come true said...

Hey how did you get into sewing I have wanted too but have no idea were to start. Good luck going natural you are a braver person than I am :) Me and Manda are going to lunch soon you should come.