Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Preggo update..

So I’ve been trying to use this blog as a journal of sorts as I’m the worst journal writer and am better at keeping my blog updated than my journal. There’s this company that you can print your blog off in scrapbook-type pages and keep them as a sort of history for your family so that’s the plan for me! That’s why I want to do a quick update on what the pregnancy’s been like so far and little milestones that I have had:

--Week 4: This is the week we found out that we were expecting, what an exciting time! I remember having feelings of excitement mixed with unbelief and trying so hard to keep it a secret but having a really hard time doing so.

--Week 5: I started feeling kind of sick when I didn’t eat every couple hours which continued til about my 14th week I would think. I think I was one of the lucky ones though because it never got too bad. This is the week my bloody noses started, I think I got 12 bloody noses within my first month. Luckily they’ve stopped now :)

First stomach shot we took, I think at the end of week 5? It was right before we told our families on Easter Sunday. Sorry about the insanely hideous picture, yikes-a-rama!

--Week 7: The only time I threw up was during this week. I was performing an e-motility at my work and had to hurry and sit down because I think I was literally going to pass out, I’ve never felt like that before but if I hadn’t sat down I’m sure I would’ve fallen down. I, then, had to leave the patient with the probe down his nose and ran to the bathroom just in time. Can’t forget that experience.
My first appointment was also this week. We had our first ultrasound/appointment on 4/8/08 and got to see our little peanut (literally) just hanging out. We got to see and hear the heartbeat which just makes it so much more real, I loved it!

--Week 8-10: My hormones kicked in overtime.. I cried about the most random things: commercials, shower curtain liners, weird stuff.. I've also always had really weird dreams but I swear they've just gotten CRAZIER!! I can usually remember them and lately I've just wanted to forget them and not remember them when I wake up!!

--Week 11: Our second appointment, yay! This was just another run of the mill appointment, however, I really wanted to get a guess as to what the sex was since I'd heard other people had gotten some guesses around now. No dice for us though, in the gender department that is. This was the first time we saw our little guy moving around on the screen. He's just in there jumping and kicking away, I remember it being so weird not being able to feel it! It was so funny watching him push himself over the "hill" that is my uterus, apparently.

--Week 14: Pregnancy induced or not we can't be sure but I had my fun little surgery this week. It was a little scary being under general anesthesia and worrying about how it would affect the baby but he slept right through it to with me. I guess I was mostly worried about Sky and my parents waiting for me though because I came out and asked them if they'd been waiting for long over 5 times. Gotta love sedation.

--Week 15-16: This is when I started feeling the little guy moving around. The first time I felt him it felt like a little "knock" of sorts. And then it did it 3 more times in a row. Now if I'm paying attention after I've eaten or if I'm laying in a certain position I can feel the fluttering-type movements and I love it!! I can't wait to feel actual kicking and everything so then I can be sure that I'm not just crazy :) I also started showing over these couple weeks, to me at least. I can still get most of my pants up but it's just more comfortable with them unzipped, sorry if that's TMI :) We also had our third appointment, besides the surgical ones, around now and that's when we found that that we were having a boy! Sky was pretty adamant about me not getting scanned at work and finding out because he wanted the moment that we found out on DVD so that he could always remember what he felt like. He, of course, was super pumped about it, and so am I!

--Week 17: This is me now! This week I've just had more movement and I'm feeling the heartburn start to kick in (maybe we'll have a thick-haired baby instead of a baby like bald-little me til I was 3, eh? hehe) Other than that, pregnancy really hasn't been bad, I can't remember not liking it, yet :)

Feast your eyes upon my growing belly. Again, I apologize for not being able to pose "normal" for a picture, guess that's just not me :)


5 comments:

Mitzi said...

Finally!!! We can finally maybe sorta see your belly! Have I told you how excited I am for you guys. You'll be the cutest parents. Yeah, he'll be here before you know it...

The Sayamas said...

I guess if you kind of squint your eyes, cock your head to the left a little, you can sort of maybe see it. :) You look cute!

Shanda said...

There is a baby! I can see the bump! How cute is that? So cute!

Jenni said...

Hooray for the cute baby belly!

Ryan and Shalee said...

Steph I don't know if you remember me but I can honestly say that is how I remember you, so cute and full of joy congrats on the baby. I'm glad you keep us up to date cause trust me I spy on yours.