Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I demand a recount!!

Okay, so I didn't demand a recount since we were super happy with whatever we were having, but it seems the tables have turned!! We received a little shock when we were told last week that our "mini Sky" is actually a GIRL!! Looks like those 10 of you who thought that we were having a girl were absolutely right and we couldn't be more excited!! This whole time I've just felt that I was having a girl and even though we were psyched to have a boy at first when we were told that, I have been especially excited to find out that maybe I was a little in tune with my lil' baby..

I know that that's not necessarily the best picture of a picture but there are her two little legs with her knees bent and nothing there! We got a really good view of the "three white lines" that I asked the ultrasound tech and Dr. Housel to see, I'm glad I have my more experienced friends who have had girls of their own to let me know what to look for :)

So I'm in my 19th week now and have been feeling really good actually which is awesome!! I feel her moving around a lot and am so excited for when Sky can feel her kick, that's what we're looking forward to now. We've found it's easier to pass the time when you pick little milestones to look forward to rather than week 40 because that seems so far away! Over the past couple weeks I've also really started to pop right out, buttoning pants has become near impossible so time to invest in a belly band (anyone know where to get 'em?)

Right now, it's sewing and shopping that's been occupying my time, love it!! Well, not too much shopping, but since we found out for sure that she's a girl, I just had to buy a little bit of stuff. This last weekend my mom and I went to Downeast because she had seen some really cute cribs there (I think we're sold on those) and their already super cheap Pottery Barn Kids clothes were all 50% off.. Score!! I bought a few different things and I was most excited about this little dress that I had been looking at on PotteryBarnKids.com (here it is) originally $60, I got it for $15! Yay for her little Christmas dress :)

Like I've blogged about previously, I can't get enough of sewing, sorry Dr. Mario, this is now my new obsession. I started another quilt and I just need to sew the squares together and fray the edges, here's a glimpse of the fabric (thank goodness for Joann's big 50% off sales eh?):

And here are pictures of two of the dresses that I've started, the first two pictures are of the one that's basically finished and I'm just hoping that when I take it over to my mom's that I didn't do something totally wrong and have to unpick it all, I think unpicking things is on my least favorite things to do list and the last picture is of a little dress/shirt type thing that obviously isn't finished and it's got some little bloomer things that go with it that I haven't finished yet:




So there is the living proof as to why I haven't kept my blog updated, maybe I need to prioritize a little bit better :) I'll close out this post with the most recent closeup of our little pumpkin girl. I loved getting this ultrasound, you could see so much! (Thanks Steph, my most favorite ultrasound tech!) Seeing her grow and move and knowing who she is now has made me all that much more in love with this little baby growing inside me. (Plus who could love that little upturned pixie nose? Pardon the bad picture of a picture again, it just doesn't do her justice :)

17 comments:

Mitzi said...

Are you kidding? You made that amazingly darling green dress! I am super impressed! You'll have to show me all the finished pieces. I had no idea you were so talented...

Matt and Lindsay said...

Congrats on the mini Steph :) Your blanket will be so cute! You're super talented. Those rag quilts are so fun to make. I've never tried to actually sew a pattern though, maybe you've inspired me! :)
~Lindsay Myers

Marianne said...

Congrats on having a girl! Boys are fun, but girls aren't soooo much fun! Holy cow- good sewing! I wish I could do that, but I just don't have the patience for it. Maybe someday I'll give it a try. Hey- I'm making our blog private, so if you'd like to still view it, I need your email address. Just email me at joelmaryorton@yahoo.com thanks

Heather said...

Congrats on the baby girl! And way to go on the sewing....the little rag blanket is going to be way cute. I keep wanting to make one of those but just haven't gotten motivated. Maybe when Aidan starts school I'll get around to that :O)

Kevin and SueAnn said...

So I was totally confused and I called your mom and she told me the story of how you are now having a girl! Congrats! We are so exited!

The Sayamas said...

I knew it all along! Mostly just because you have always thought you'd have a girl first. I am so excited! I think you need to post a picture of your cute little belly, I want to see if you look pregnant yet because last time I saw you you were still a skinny little thing, even though you didn't think so. Those dresses are amazing! Good job!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

The, "It's a boy.. no wait, It's a girl," story sound really familiar. That is why Elizabeth has a blue binki. I'm excited it is a girl. I love the cute green dress. It looks like you have a new amazing talent.

hoLLY said...

What! A girl that is awesome. Im sad cause Trae meeds a friend, Im not kidding I have 8 friends right now that are prego with girls! and three of them were told they were boys first. how crazy. Im so excited for you guys! Your half way there!

Ryan and Shalee said...

Honestly I just got my camera in March so I'm up for whatever. I know that my sister knows someone that wants me to take pics of her boys so it's fun for me. Congrats cute clothes. I want a sewing machine.

micah folsom photography said...

ahh that's so exciting! congrats again you two!

The Porter Family said...

:-O Holy cow! Well, congrats on having a girl now! That is so fun! You really should teach me how to sew one of those adorable quilts. I am pretty much sewing retarded, but that looks SO cute! You are amazing!

Blaine said...

I totally voted for "girl" so I'm glad I was right! I am so happy for you - Sky will be great with a little girl!

P.S. I tagged you on my blog, just thought it would be fun - since I don't get to see you a ton anymore!

Kami said...

Oh, so glad that it was a girl!! The dresses are AMAZING! I found a shop on etsy and I seriously am thinking of trying to sew Navie a dress like it (it looks simple, not like these). You'll have to give me some advise because I am NOT typically a gal that sews!

Brook Parker said...

SWEET!! When I voted that it was a girl I was pretty sure, and then you guys said boy and i was like hmm guess my skills arent so great anymore because the last 7 times I have guess I was right, and YAY I was right!!

That is soo exciting your having a little girl! She is gonna be so beautiful just like her mom! Steph you are so talented with your sewing, Im super jealous!

Anonymous said...

Steph! I'm so glad I found your blog. Congratulations on the new little girl. Also, I'm really sorry to hear about those terrible cysts. That's no fun at all. I'm excited to keep in touch with you!

The Froerer's said...

good job on the really cute dress, it looks professional! Yeah for a girl, she will be so cute!

Natalie and Spencer said...

I am so excited that you are pregnant! I am a blogstocker too sometimes so don't feel bad. It's so good to see that your little family is growing. Congrats!