Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No Deal!!

Who here likes the game show Deal or No Deal? I’ll watch it if it’s on but I’m definitely not obsessive about it, however, we did go to the casting call for it on Saturday. Boy, was that an adventure.

We planned on going with Lance Froerer and Kevin Allphin early Saturday morning but we didn’t plan on staying out on Friday night playing Settlers of Catan (the extended version) til 1:30 in the morning at the Froerers. The funny thing is that Lance had actually won at probably around 11 but we didn’t know the rules so we kept going until Breklyn won, it was intense!! Love that game..

Anyway, we leave to go down to RC Willey’s in Salt Lake at 6:50 in the morning, stop at MickeyDee’s for some breakfast and prepare to wait in line for a few hours. Well we get there and there are a few hundred people but the line was moving so fast!! We start getting all excited because we were only outside for about 45 minutes.. All of a sudden we get to a sign saying “Line Starts Here.”

Filling out our apps in the outside line

Yikes.

Inside there is this line that twists and turns and loop-de-loops about a gazillion times until you finally get to the end where they do the “audition.” So we’re in line from about 8 in the morning and get to the end at about 12:30-ish, I lost track of the time.

Meanwhile, I’m starving as I’ve been living off of an apple-walnut salad and a 3 oz. Chocolate Milk Chug from McDonald’s and a granola bar and the guys are of course all just fine since they all had like 2 Sausage McMuffins and what not (not sure I can stomach those first thing in the morning, bleh). Sky doesn’t really even want to be there, he did pretty good at not complaining but every once in awhile would be like “Let’s just go home now,” after 3 hours of waiting? Yah right! Do you want me to punch you? Don’t mess with a hormonal, hungry pregnant girl, haha.

The inside "line"

So we finally get to the end and they divide us into groups of about 12 and don’t tell us what’s going on. Luckily we all stayed with our little group that we came with, Lance, Kev, Sky and I and then Brighton and his sister-in-law came later too. They send us to this little table that we all stand around as we’re all trying to be super excited and enthusiastic after standing in line for 5 hours, this girl in her mid-twenties tells us to put our applications on the table and then proceeds to tell us that we have “20 seconds to make her love us.”

Come again?

So Sky, the lucky guy he is, is the first one she asks and we’re all just like what? Are we all supposed to say something at the same time? Nobody knew what was going on so Sky starts being his goofy, energetic self when he’s under pressure and says all these random things in this really excited way and I’m like, welp, guess Sky and I aren’t going to make it because I had no idea what to say either, it was great.


The losers :(

Then Brighton’s sister-in-law, Oaklee, says something about how they should pick her because her husband just got a vasectomy but she still came to audition and Lance decides to feed off her so it’s his turn and the first thing he says is “My name is Lance Froerer and I just got a vasectomy.” We were basically rolling on the floor laughing, it was hilarious.

Everyone else in our group goes and she picks Lance (of course), this other dude behind us that had been swearing the whole time and then says that he graduated from high school and is now in medical school (real classy I know), and, to our surprise, Sky!! It was crazy/really funny as he was the one that wasn’t really being serious about it and then he ended up making it the very end round!! They didn’t tell him he was on a show or anything so maybe he’ll get a call sometime but pretty crazy stuff! It was a pretty awesome day!



The lucky winners

7 comments:

The Sayamas said...

Rory's mom really wanted Ror and I to go try out...after reading this I am so glad we didn't! Sounds like and adventure though!

The Sayamas said...

Oh and by the way...I can't believe you have Tiffany on here! When I was little my friends and I used to make up dances and perform them for our families to that song! I love it!

Eric and Kathleen said...

HEY! so, I am kind of retarded when it comes to facebook, and blogging, so sorry I never commented back that time you wrote me! And you are prego?!? No way!!! How far along are you? Guess what? So am I!!! I will be 12 weeks along on Thursday! SO FUN!!!! I'm due in Nov. when are you? ps... you and your hubby make a very cute couple! You are going to have such a cute baby.

Heather said...

Congrats on being prego....I knew it would be coming soon. Babies are so fun!

Blaine said...

I totally LOVE that you have POP goes my heart on your blog! Hilarious! I love that show, and the songs are sso great. Well, see you on Sunday!

Rob and Bri said...

Hey Steph! I'm soo glad you found my blog! You are so cute I miss you (I will never forget that night on the Trek walking in the dark through all the sleeping people). I totally hope your hubby makes it on Deal or No Deal, that would be awesome! Congrats on the upcoming baby! I'm so excited for you.

Wehrle said...

Lance says to say Hi! And we do know your cousins Matt and Shayne, WE have actually hung out a few times and they have datrling kids! What a small world!