Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Easter!

If you guys know me well you’ll know that I get pretty excited about good news and have a hard time keeping it a secret, unless it’s for someone else, we’re good at keeping other people’s secrets J But it is so hard to not tell anyone that you’re going to have a baby, talk about torture!!

We wanted to make it a total surprise that our families wouldn’t expect so Sky thought of telling them on Easter (nice plan sweetie!) which was only a few days away.. Even those few days were tough!! We’d see my family and just have to play it cool and sometimes even lie so that they wouldn’t suspect anything, muah hah ha ha..

We decided to make each of our families a little Easter basket with Easter treats and everything to make it seem non-suspicious but there was a little surprise in each basket, a little onesie (as neutral as we could find) that said “Good looks run in the family.” We tucked those in the baskets and set off to surprise the pants off our families!



Telling them was two different stories:

Sky’s family: As soon as we brought in the basket they were like “Is this an announcement?” They totally knew what was going on. Sky and I were just like “Of course not, what are you talking about?” and acted all nervous. We totally did not play it cool, I couldn’t even talk because I was having a hard time not smiling, I know I’m super nonchalant.

Steph’s family: We went over to their house second and brought in the basket and nobody was even looking in it, it was pretty funny. After a little while my mom and Kent decided to see what we brought while the family was watching a movie and saw the little onesie wrapped up so they opened it. My mom started screaming “Are you pregnant?!” and then the rest of my family started running around all excited, it was pretty funny.

I really wanted to take pictures of all of their reactions but then that would have totally given it away so no pictures of the jumping around, sorry :( All in all it was a pretty eventful Easter, so fun!

2 comments:

micah folsom photography said...

ahh steph that is such a cute idea and I am so excited for you! I can't wait to read all about your fun upcoming months on your blog:)

The Sayamas said...

I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet the Little Chugg :)