Friday, February 1, 2008

A little peek at our yesteryears..

So I guess I was technically in a round-about way tagged by Lori because she pretty much tagged everybody (thanks Lor!) and I thought it would be pretty fun to reminisce so here goes nothin'..

How long have you been together?
2 1/2 years, my how time flies..

How long did you date? The best seven months of my life!

How old is he? 24

How old is she? 21

Who eats more? Honestly, I almost think it's about equal sometimes, except that I snack a lot and Sky dominates at meal times..

Who said "I love you" first? He did, but I think I knew it first, I was just waiting for him to say it for a couple weeks..

Who is taller? If I said me Sky would be the first to tell you that obviously he is taller (and obviously he is) because he is very proud of his 6'5".. He actually admitted to me today that he's really 6'4 3/4" so I guess it's just been one big lie, but compared to my 5'3" he's got a little bit of height on me..

Who sings better? Hehe.. This question kind of made me laugh.. I know that that makes me sound like a snot but I live to sing and love music whereas Sky lives to play basketball (which I am horrible at).. However, I love how he still will belt out the hymns at church and he still sings songs to me, it always makes me smile and usually laugh since he makes up the silliest songs..

Who is smarter? I think we both have our different areas, I used to think that I was a lot smarter with computers than Sky but I discovered that he knows a ton!! Maybe we'll just say that I'm book smart and he's street smart, haha..

Who does the laundry? Well, when we were engaged, he thought that I didn't do a good job at doing the laundry (he liked the way his mom does it, but I'm just too lazy to do that many loads.. I still love you though, Julie! You're amazin'!) so he said that he was going to be in charge of doing the laundry.. Up until recently when he's taken over a lot of the housework, who's done the laundry? You guessed it, all me baby!! I guess he decided that he didn't mind the way I do laundry, love you sweetie!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Is this looking from the foot of the bed or from the head? If you're looking from the head of the bed it'd be Sky because it's closest to the door.. He's my knight in shining armor, he always protects me :)

Who pays the bills? That'd be me.. I just pay them all online so it makes it perdy easy! He does pay the car loans though so can't complain there!

Who cooks dinner? We are totally the opposite of traditional right now, Sky is the best chef ever!! He texts me almost everyday to ask me what I want for dinner and it's usually ready shortly after I get home (I know you're all jealous girls, hehe) It's so nice though!! He makes all sorts of great dishes (his specialty is homemade breaded and fried chicken) and he's my little Betty Crocker (in the most masculine way possible, of course)

Who is more stubborn? I think we are the most stubborn couple ever!! We're both the oldest child in our family (any psychologists out there?) so we have our own routines and sometimes it's hard to budge on who gets who's way, it works for us though..

Who kissed who first? I would say Sky because I'm a chicken (it was on the hill right behind our current ward building so it was pretty funny finding out that that was where our ward meets, aww, the memories..)

Who asked who out? He asked me out and my sister still remembers to this day me running around the house and jumping up and down because I was so excited, he is so CUTE!

Who proposed? He did and followed in his parents' tradition: dinner at the Spaghetti Factory, a short, cold walk through Temple Square, and then he pulled a fast one and took me up to the Bountiful Temple (where we got married) and proposed. It was so cute, the first words out of his mouth were "I'm so nervous" and then he whipped out the ring and said some real sweet stuff and just kneeled there on the freezing ground. Finally I was like "are you going to put it on me?" What a sweetie :)

Who has more friends? I think it's about equal since we hang out with a lot of the same people but I would say that I hang out with my girlfriends more than Sky does with his buddies (so you guys out there that are Sky's buddies, why don't you have a guys' night so I don't feel so guilty? :) )

Who has more siblings? That would definitely be me, he has one bro and two sistas and I have 3 bros, two step-bros, two step-sistas, a half-bro, and a half-sista.. Beat that!!

Who wears the pants in the relationship? Well, I would have to say that I am more of a worrier and possibly a bit more mean so I probably wear the pants because I speak my mind a bit more and tell it like it is at home but I don't know what Sky would say. I'm not even sure if I know what that expression means..

I tag Heather J, Cassidy K, Ruth G, and Candice R :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Aidan and I would love visitors. Just give me a holla' :)