Thursday, January 17, 2008

Like a good neighbor..

Tonight, I think Sky and I have earned our superhero status, that's right.. No, not really.. Tonight Sky decided that he wanted to make peach cobbler so we head over to Albertsons and on our way back these cars in front of us swerve and go into the other lane.. Well, we don't know what's going on so I get a little miffed and we're like "what are they doing?!" Lo and behold, right there in the middle of the road, there was this little pomeranian puppy with a little pink sweater just sitting there barking at all the cars..

Normally, we would have just driven home and forgotten about seeing a little lost dog because I guess we just figure that somebody else will find the little dog, and that's just what we did, for a second.. We drove into our parking lot and we sat there for a sec and decided to turn around.. It took me like 10 minutes of telling the little dog that she was a good girl and to get her to follow me almost all the way to my condo.. After a little more coaxing and telling her to "sit" and "shake" she let me pick her up and I proceeded to find her owners..

Well, her phone number on her dog tag was wrong so I looked up the address, still wrong.. I decided to search for a neighbor's phone number and called the lady who lived across the street from the owner, she took down my phone number and let the owner know that we had the dog (she lived in Clearfield, by the way).. Apparently the owner had given the dog to her daughter and the dog accidentally got out when she let her boyfriend in.. Needless to say, our work was done and I brought the dog over to the daughter, who lived about a block down.. Oh, and just to show you how neighborly we were being tonight, on the way over to take the dog, we noticed our friend's lights were on in their car so Sky knocked on their door and let them know so we saved them a jump-start!! It feels good helping people!

So, the moral of this story is.. Go the extra mile, at least every once in awhile, you never know what sort of good you can do!! Have a spectacular night everybody!!


Here's me and the little puppy, Elsee :)

2 comments:

The Sayamas said...

You guys are awesome! I'm so glad you stopped to help little Elsee. You know not too far from there Ror and I were driving home and we saw a huge moose on the side of the road! We turned around and scared it away from the road so it wouldn't get hurt. Man it feels good to help animals. :)

Blake said...

Steph, being a dog owner myself, I am proud of you for helping that little pup, I hope someone would do the same for me. Owen is so much fun, we really enjoy having him around. It was good to see what you are up to, and seeing all the old ward!! Miss you guys! -Kristin