Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Darndest Things..


Selma has recently started talking a lot more and has been adding more and more words to her vocabulary. While I love watching this development and seeing her grow, she hasn't quite perfected all of her letters.

Example:

To Selma, a "K" can sometimes come out like a "T". So, "keys" sounds like "teys", etc. This is all fine and dandy until she starts saying one of her favorite animals: "kitty". Enough said.

My most favorite talking incident was on Sunday in Relief Society. I had taken Selma to drop her off in the nursery and kept moving right on past when we saw two little boys screaming for their moms in the doorway. Selma was actually doing pretty well considering and I was actually able to pay attention to most of the lesson which doesn't happen very often when she's with me, it was great!

All of a sudden, Selma starts pointing and wanting to sit down. She starts saying "sit!" "sit!" Lucky for me though, she added an extra "h" in with her "s" sound. I think you get where I'm going with this.

Selma was yelling expletives in the middle of Relief Society.

I tried to hide my embarrassment and pretend that she wasn't shouting cuss words over and over but I don't think I've ever turned so red. It doesn't help that we're pretty new in the ward, lovely.

Oh well, she cracks us up everyday and we just love her!

(Blowing me a kiss in the car)

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Just wait til she grows up!! Madi has said the funniest things!! Kids are hilarious!!

StuandSom said...

i sure love her.. even if she has chosen to be rather rebellious and say naughty words ;-)

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

HA HA HA HA HA wish I could have been there.

Randi Patch said...

lol.. geez Steph, stop swearing around your kids!! ;)
She is so funny and so cute!