Last month, Selma turned 1! Our precious, little newborn has grown into a sweet, fiesty toddler with a larger than life personality, we love her so much!!
- Shake her finger at us and say "no, no, no!"
- Show us where her nose is
- Cuddle us (she's currently cutting 4 or 5 teeth)
- Show us the number "1" using her pointer finger
- Blow kisses
- Bark like a dog
- Give us the silliest, cutest, (weirdest) smile when we ask her to smile
- Climb up and down stairs
She is just a little ham, we love watching her learn and show us what she's figured out (this can make it real hard to discipline her sometimes haha). Love this girl!
The day before her birthday we had a little "purse" party for her at my parents (thanks for hosting Mom, you're the best!) We decided to do a purse theme since Selma turns everything she can (including grocery bags) into her little purse and carries them around everywhere. I wanted a cute party but I didn't want to spend a lot so I ended up making pretty much everything (minus some of the food friends brought, you guys are the best!)
So, on to pictures:
I made cupcakes because I wasn't sure if there would be enough cake (can I just say that I'm the worst estimator ever?)
Little "purses" filled with goodies for people to take home
My first cakes that I made all by myself, the smaller one was for Selma and the bigger was for everyone else. I found that silver edible dust and made it into paint for the silver hardware and lettering, I was excited!
The goods, she got spoiled!!
Selma was honestly more interested in playing with the cake than eating it...
...and although she got the hang of it...
...she still needed some help from her friend Ivie...
...and ended up liking the ice cream the best anyway (just like her mom!)
I was surprised by how well she ended up doing with unwrapping all her presents, I thought I was going to have to do it all.
She loved, and still loves, all her presents though and plays with them all the time!
She even shares with her friends! (most of the time :)
After all the gifts though, one of her favorite things? The boxes!
We had a great time celebrating Selma's birthday! A huge thank you to everyone who came and shared in our celebration, we sure love you!
4 comments:
Way cute! You are so talented! Everything looks professional. Seriously. We got your card - your picture is SO cute! Merry Christmas!
You are so talented! Everything looks amazing and Selma is such a doll!
The decorations, cake, cupcakes and party favors turned out so cute!
I can't believe she's already one! Wow, time flies. What a cute theme. The cake is adorable!
Post a Comment