Sunday, December 13, 2009

Primary-isms

So Sky and I, with Selma in tow, have the privilege of teaching primary in our ward.  Not just primary, we get the Sunbeams and 4-5 year olds, they are the best!  Seriously, they are hilarious!!  To get me back in the swing of the blogging thing, I thought I'd just share some things that our little darlings have shared with us the past two weeks:

(We show a picture of a kid paying their tithing):  "What do you guys think they're doing in this picture?"
Girl in shock:  "Someone died?!"

"What can we do to show Jesus we love him?"
"Cow."


Skyler to one of our 4-year old boys: "Do you want to sit here by me?"
Boy: "No."
Skyler: "Why not?:
Boy:  "I can't be nice."

Skyler to everyone: "Do you guys want to play a game?"
Same 4-year old boy: "I don't like that game."
Sky: "Oh really? It's a fun game!"
Boy:  "It is not a fun game."
Sky:  "Okay."

Steph talking about things we're not supposed to do:  "We don't say bad words, huh?"
5 year old girl: "Sometimes I say a**hole, only sometimes."
Steph (shocked): "Oh, that's not nice, we don't say that word."
Girl:  "Well, my brother taught me a**hole, a**hole's not a nice word."
Steph:  (Blank stare)


"What did Heavenly Father want Adam & Eve to teach their kids?"
"Oh I know, I know! If the house is on fire, run out of your house and get on your knees."

I wish we would have started writing things down when we first got this class a few months ago cause there have been some real gems! Love these kids!! Can't wait for tomorrow morning..



7 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Oh the sweet innocence of children. They are to funny. =)

cheeks said...

i love that!! i'm sure that parent would have dropped dead if she heard that conversation! so funny!

Camille said...

I am cracking up! I needed that laugh!! Thanks for sharing! :)

micah folsom photography said...

hahahaha how funny!! kids are seriously darling.

Randi Patch said...

Sunbeems are the greatest and hardest! Little kids are so funny at that age.

Cherie said...

Sunbeams to 5 years old are my dream calling (along with being Librarian) cause I love all the stuff they say! So funny!

Vause Family said...

Um, the 4 year old boy is Ashton. You guys put up with way too much! Thank you for all you do!