Last week, Sky thought it'd be fun for FHE to take Selma to the local park to swing in the baby swings. Sky doesn't get off til 7 from work so by the time we finished dinner it was getting close to 8 and she usually goes down between 8:30 and 9 so we got her ready for bed before we went.
Much to our dismay, the two baby swings were gone, and I mean gone. Not just the seats, but the chains too. Selma was pretty broken up about it:
Being Selma's mom has been so rewarding and such an adventure. It's crazy how much they learn and I love watching her personality come out more and more. I've always loved Selma but it's just amazing to me at how much your love grows with them.
Selma turned 7 months on Monday (the actual day I started this post :) and I liked how Heather posted 18 things about her 18-month old little guy so I thought I'd do the same for our sweetie (as we call her).
1) Her favorite songs are I Am a Child of God & Old McDonald Had a Farm. The first can put her to sleep better than any other song so I always sing that to her last when I put her down. The second plays on her Exersaucer when she hits the cow button 4 times. It took her a little bit to figure out a lot of the buttons and that they did stuff but it seems like she's really picked up on it and will hit the cow until it starts playing "Old McDonald" and then looks over at me and waits for me to sing it to her, I love it.
2) She has been really into grabbing faces lately and sometimes it really hurts. It seems like it's her way of showing affection though, so I'm just hoping she figures out how to be a little softer soon, we're working on that :)
3) She's hit a very curious age and is always touching and grabbing anything around her. It's funny to me because the first thing she does when I get her out of bed is try to maneuver around in my arms to get to the side of her crib or the shelves above her changing table, etc.
4) Every once in awhile she'll give me kisses by opening her mouth and leaning towards my face or loves by leaning into me and putting her head on my shoulder. I absolutely LOVE when she does this, especially because of number 3 and her wriggling around in my arms all the time, can't get enough!
5) She loves treats (what we call her little Graduates puffs, yogurt melts, veggie crunch thingies, and Baby Mum-Mums) and is getting better at feeding herself instead of me giving them to her. She also loves when we share our food with her, like little pieces of our bread or a carrot to suck on. Her favorite, though, is (I know, I'm bad) ice cream :) She doesn't like juice or sippy cups, at least the kind we've tried, and much prefers drinking water straight out of a cup. We'll have to try some different sippy cups.
4) Every once in awhile she'll give me kisses by opening her mouth and leaning towards my face or loves by leaning into me and putting her head on my shoulder. I absolutely LOVE when she does this, especially because of number 3 and her wriggling around in my arms all the time, can't get enough!
5) She loves treats (what we call her little Graduates puffs, yogurt melts, veggie crunch thingies, and Baby Mum-Mums) and is getting better at feeding herself instead of me giving them to her. She also loves when we share our food with her, like little pieces of our bread or a carrot to suck on. Her favorite, though, is (I know, I'm bad) ice cream :) She doesn't like juice or sippy cups, at least the kind we've tried, and much prefers drinking water straight out of a cup. We'll have to try some different sippy cups.
6) She likes to do things on her own time and rather than rolling over first, she sat up early, so right now she sits up really well. She does roll from front to back but would rather stand up and loves to stand up next to the couch or other things. She's started to get on her knees more when she's on her tummy but hasn't started rocking really so I think we've still got a bit before crawling, which is good for mommy I think :)
7) She has little quirks that I love, like always having her hand on or grabbing whoever's holding her, or sucking on her tongue when she's sleeping, or "singing" to me when I sing before bed, or being a "cheeser" by scrunching her nose when she grins, etc. This, however, is her trademark, sucking in her bottom lip all the time, not just when she's eating. This just happened to be one of the times we've gotten it on camera:
7) She has little quirks that I love, like always having her hand on or grabbing whoever's holding her, or sucking on her tongue when she's sleeping, or "singing" to me when I sing before bed, or being a "cheeser" by scrunching her nose when she grins, etc. This, however, is her trademark, sucking in her bottom lip all the time, not just when she's eating. This just happened to be one of the times we've gotten it on camera:
We love you Selma girl! We've loved watching all you've learned and seeing how much you've grown, the joy you bring to our family is something we're thankful for everyday, love you baby!
7 comments:
Love the picture of her on Sky's shoulder so cute :) thats too bad about the swings, what a bummer. She is getting so big.
I love the pictures where she is hanging on the bar! She is growing up so fast! She's the cutest and has the cutest personality
She's so CUTE!! I can't believe how fast time flies!!
She is so adorable! I love all the pictures! I love her big blue eyes.
she is such a little cutie! what a good baby you have!
I just have to tell you that I LOVE the picture of her on the blue slide or whatever it is. It matches her eyes and her eyes are so beautiful! Isn't that funny how they show preference to different songs at such an early age? Kaemon always loved Old Macdonald, too. Do you have the Baby Einstein with that song on it? It was always Kaemon's favorite!
Let's get together soon!
Look at those eyes!! She is precious!
Post a Comment