Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where Did My Baby Go?

I guess the old adage is true, time does fly when you're having fun, or at least when you're learning something new and flying by the seat of your pants! It's hard for me to believe that just six short months ago, Sky and I were in the hospital anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little, now huge!, bundle of joy..

It's crazy to think that in just six short months that she's gone from this:

To this:

And has gone from being my tiny, brand new baby (one of the two times she sucked on her binkie):



To what I feel like is a little girl already! It's short but it's the most recent video clip I have:



So time does fly when you're having fun, I think. To me, there is nothing more rewarding for all those late nights, the breastfeeding woes, the learning curves, and the worry than watching your baby grow and develop and learn new things with smiles and their unconditional love added on top of that.

Selma had her six month appointment on Tuesday and I finally felt comfortable enough at the doctor's office (instead of feeling rushed and overwhelmed) to take some pictures. We had to switch pediatricians because I called to make an appointment at our old one and found out that she had all of a sudden stopped practicing? Maybe I'm a bit too nosy but I'm so curious as to why, oh well, we really, really like our new one, Dr. Nefsky at McKay, and kind of wanted to switch anyway so no biggie!

Don't you wish it was cute for us to have muffin tops like hers? :)

Dr. Nefsky was really great with her, she gave her her little "reflex hammer" to play with and it totally kept her occupied, pre-shots that is..

Some post-shot pictures..

I think this is the best Selma has done so far with her shots, she cried for a second until I picked her up and settled down a ton when I fed her. Hey, the girl likes comfort food just like her mom! I think giving her a dose of Tylenol half an hour before her shots has helped a lot too, just a tip for all those shot-dreading moms out there :)

At six months Selma weighed in at 15.12 lbs (35th percentile) & was 26.54 in (81st percentile) which I think is kind of weird since she's always been in the 75th for weight and it still seems like she's a little chunker to me, can you demand a recount at the doctor's office? Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it, she's happy and healthy and doing just great!

Developmentally she's rolled over (finally! Part of me was starting to get worried as much as I told myself that every baby develops at different rates..) and has done it a few times since then, she pushes herself up on her arms when she's on her tummy, sits up by herself for a long time, eats rice & oatmeal cereal, loves veggies more than fruits (she didn't get that from me), has gotten a lot better with finger foods, loves playing in her Exersaucer and just sitting and playing with toys, loves being outside, is learning how to use a sippy cup, grabs at everything and then brings them all to her mouth, has started babbling a lot more, is sleeping through the night better (hooray!) and we just can't get enough of her!!

This is such a fun age with her catching on to so much more stuff lately and we can't wait for what's to come, even when I watch her videos from when she's brand new and they make me tear up. We love you Baby S, Happy 6 Months little girl!


11 comments:

The Sayamas said...

How cute! SHe really has changed so much, even since the last tiem I saw her! I can't wait to see you guys next week.

Sorry I missed out the other day:( I was babysitting all day and I was so sad I could not go! But I will be in next time for sure!

Clark Family said...

She's so CUTE and growing up so fast!!:)

Rob and Bri said...

Such a cute little girl. I love those eyes! I love your blog Steph. I look at it a lot although I don't always comment. It's nice to see all you write about your baby especially since I have a new one. She's not my first, but it's crazy all that you forget. You will be glad you wrote it all down.

Richard and Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, she is one cute baby. I mean all babies are cute, but she is like super cute! I love it!

cheeks said...

yeah, so why IS is so cute for babies to have muffin tops and not us moms? ha ha she's adorable...i love the diaper picture at the dr office! they do grow so fast...and is she really just 15 lbs...i think Emri is just a pound shy of that! Maybe she'll slow down a little too! so fun that she's eating all sorts of yummies now!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

I think your little selma is so darling and I love those big blue eyes of hers. They really don't stay babies for long, so cherish it while you can. =) Hey if you are really interested in that position you can apply at www.alpineselfstorage.com and it is for the Roy office. Oh and apply soon if you are, because I'm leaving in about two weeks. I but the girls would love to have someone like you get the job.

Chelsea said...

She is so cute! I LOVE her big smile! It is amazing how time flies! The mommies are the park looks like fun! Where is Beaus park, I have never heard of it before. Anyways.. cute pictures!

The DeGiulio's said...

It was fun to see the pictures from when she was a newborn up to now, its crazy how fast the time flys. Guess thats what happens when life is busy and you are having fun. Thats too bad you had to changed doctors, I would want to know why they stoped practicing too.

PS I took my first family in stress test today, I got an 85%

Nancy and Nate said...

It is amazing how big they get so fast. Bella's 6 month appointment is at the beginning of June and we are guessing she is probably 19 or 20 lbs by now. I should put a picture of her in her diaper on my blog. She has 2-3 times as many roles as Selma. Oh, don't you just LOVE Dr. Nefcy? That is who we go to too. We did go to another Dr. at that office, but he moved when Rob was 9 months and we have been going to Dr. Nefcy since then. Hope to hear from you soon.

Chantel and Brian said...

And then next thing you know she'll be 2 1/2! They grow so fast. She is such a doll though!

Georgi Family said...

she is so cute!! She just gets cuter every day! I really like Dr. Nefsy. She is pretty great! I see Dr. Hom up at Mckay. Don't ya love it up there???