Has anyone else here taken a ride on the "blog rollercoaster"?
You know what I'm talking about.. It's got its highs where you read and comment on all new posts posted by your loyal, blogger friends for days on end, not to mention posting several times over the period of a week..
And, this is where I've been coasting the last little bit, it's got its lows.. Symptoms? You go multiple days, sometimes weeks, without posting.. You meander your way through your loyal, blogger friends' posts every once and awhile.. While meandering you think "hmm.. I should comment, I really liked that post and their pictures are so cute!" but then turn off your computer because you just don't feel up to coming up with something clever, fun, or witty..
Perhaps something in the middle would be most suitable, eh? Therefore, I'll get back into the swing of things by sharing what has caused my lack of blogging "highs" lately: sewing..
Surprised? Of course not :)
Nothing new to anyone, I love to sew and have spent a lot of my spare time over the past week or two doing it.. These are some of my recent creations:
My sister and I wanted a new purse so we decided to make one..
You know what I'm talking about.. It's got its highs where you read and comment on all new posts posted by your loyal, blogger friends for days on end, not to mention posting several times over the period of a week..
And, this is where I've been coasting the last little bit, it's got its lows.. Symptoms? You go multiple days, sometimes weeks, without posting.. You meander your way through your loyal, blogger friends' posts every once and awhile.. While meandering you think "hmm.. I should comment, I really liked that post and their pictures are so cute!" but then turn off your computer because you just don't feel up to coming up with something clever, fun, or witty..
Perhaps something in the middle would be most suitable, eh? Therefore, I'll get back into the swing of things by sharing what has caused my lack of blogging "highs" lately: sewing..
Surprised? Of course not :)
Nothing new to anyone, I love to sew and have spent a lot of my spare time over the past week or two doing it.. These are some of my recent creations:
My sister and I wanted a new purse so we decided to make one..
I loved this funky, purple fabric and now I have a purse rather than a diaper bag when I don't have my baby with me (which isn't that often, but, hey, everyone needs a purse right? :)
It was a really easy pattern and it even has a magnetic closure, a hard bottom, and a lining with pockets, hooray for purses!
I finally finished Sky's rag quilt that he wanted me to make shortly after having Selma, but you know how it goes right after you have a baby.. Needless to say, at least I got it done!
I still need to take it to the laundromat to fray it, that's on my to-do list for this week..
And, my favorite of all, a car-seat cover!! I love this one, LOVE IT! This is actually my second one, I didn't take pictures of the first because it was a trial run and didn't turn out the way I wanted and I didn't end up liking the fabric so I modified the pattern, got new fabric, and tried again!
I still need to fix the minky-dot fabric on the canopy, getting the canopy to fit just right is the hardest part since you just have the canopy arms to guide you..
One way I modified the pattern was adding piping around most of the edges of the cover to make it look more "professional" and it really does make it look cleaner, I just really like it!
I don't have a picture but I also sewed a new "hooter-hider" or nursing cover with the boning in the top to see baby while nursing and a parachute buckle/webbing as the strap to easily adjust and to not let baby pull it off and expose you to the world, I'm excited about my little invention of sorts :)
I've been thinking about sewing a bunch of stuff and starting an etsy.com account or selling the stuff I make on Ebay or on my own website or something because I just love doing it but I'm not sure if people would buy it? I guess I'll have to give it more thought but I'll definitely post when I decide!
35 comments:
WOW!!! I am totally and completely IMPRESSED!!! I cannot sew or make anything! You pretty much just rock!
I am with ya on the whole blogging roller coaster. As is evident by my own blog! The purse and car seat cover look great. I just bought a new sewing machine- a good one, that won't make me want to poke my eyeballs out- and so I've finished all of the things Ray wanted done, like hemming and fixing a hole, but now I just finished an apron for myself, and it is SUPER cute. I will have to post it soon. Can't wait to see what else you've got going on.
Steph you are so talented! I love your cute things that you create! I think you could sell them for sure! The carseat cover...woah! That is super impressive! Hope you guys are doing great!
I totally think that you should make some stuff to sell!! I'm always impressed by your creations!:)
Well hello Martha!! You amaze me! I love your car seat and purse! Steph, how do you do it?! By the way, I miss you and your talented self!
All I have to say is that I'm totally envious of your sewing skills. I can barely sew on a button, how pathetic is that...
All of your projects turned out great, but I especially love your car seat cover. You should definitely start up an etsy site, I know I would be shopping there on a regular basis.
you should totally sell your sewing stuff. you are amazing!
Are you kidding me? WOW! I love that car seat cover! I don't even have a baby, but I really want one! Hah! You should sell them, because I'll buy them! HA!
Look at how stinking cute that car seat cover is! I love it! You totally have to show me how to make one! JEALOUS MUCH?
That carseat cover is soooo cute! You are such a good little seamstress. I would love to try making one of my own, but I don't think it would turn out near as good and I'd probably pull out fists full of hair in the process.
That is so cool that you sew. I LOVE that car seat cover! I would Totally buy your stuff!! PS. I heart etsy!
I love all of the stuff that you have put on your blog Steph. I really wish I was better at sewing. I actually have a really nice sewing machine but don't have much practice on it yet. I love the purse I might have to get the directions from you. I also love the carseat cover. I'm not in the need for one now but I would definitely buy one from you when I did need one.
Wow! I love your car seat! That's so impressive! I think you should look into making and selling them. What would you charge?
WOW! You are SO talented! I HAVE to know is the car seat cover a pattern or did you make it!?!?
so, i'm loving that carseat cover! I'd totally pay for one of those!! it's darling! cute purse too! You've got talent!
seriously you are so talented!! I would totally buy your stuff....If I had a little one! One day:)
Oh my heck! You are amazing! That car seat cover is absolutely darling!! You should definitely sell you stuff....I need a new purse and a quilt....so let me know what your business website is when you get it going. :)
steph I had no idea how talented you are! You need to make carseat covers and sell them!!!! Wow you are good! I love the nubby dot fabric. My kids all have blankets! Softest EVER!!
I LOVE the car seat cover too! I think you could sell your beautiful creations. I really am amazed by the car seat cover. Good job Steph!
I love your stuff! I think you should definitely open up a little etsy shop, I would definitely buy stuff! Sewing is something I would really love to learn how to do, but haven't found the time yet. You are so talented!
you are amazing!!
You are so talented Steph, I love everything you made. The only thing I can sew are blankets because they are simple and easy. I tried sewing dogs shirts and they turned out interesting. I seriously want to buy car seat covers from you. How much would you charge?
Hey Steph,
Great job! I am very impressed. I was wondering if you used a pattern for the carseat cover? I would love to make one because I have a green carseat and would love a pink one for this next baby. If not, please give some hints!
I echo everyone's comments so far. WOW Steph! I want a car seat cover. Our car seat is a neutral color and I would love to have a girly one for Bella. How much would you charge? I wish I could sew like that. I am going through the blog roller coaster right now. I haven't posted in a while. We need to get together SOON!
Wow! You are so talented and clever with your sewing! I think all of your creations are way adorable I could never be that good at making stuff that cute and where do you find the time for it... Anyways, maybe I should try sewing one of these days. I think you have truly inspired me to at least try.
HELLO?! You are the most amazing sewer I've seen! Oh my! Those are incredible, Steph! I was actually thinking the entire time that I was going to ask you if you wouldn't mind making me some things for when Brad and I are expecting and then you brought up the Etsy account. I will 100% support you! Can you make me a cacoon for my photography new born portraits? E-mail me... kpoorte25@hotmail.com. I'm in need of a lot of things for my new business.
Ok, when can I sign up for you to give me a sewing 101? These projects are so cute!!
ps. I totally would buy your stuff!
What pattern did you get for you car seat cover I've wanted to try and make one but can't find a pattern? DO you mind sharing your wisdom.. Great job!
Hey, of course I remember you! darling little family, and I am so impressed with your creations! Good job girl!
Oh my gosh! Every time I read your blog I am amazed by what new creative things you have come up with! You are so awesome! I have to tell you that I cut my little McKenna's finger for the first time while I was trying to cut her nails the other day and I totally thought of your post! It was nice to know that I'm not the only one! I think I cried harder than she did! So rough!!
Hey Steph,
Sorry we didnt get to chat for long or say goodbye at the gym. I hope you guys join. We've been members since last August. Its nice because its walking distance from our house. The bodyattack class is an awesome workout! We should go together sometime. And Im serious about the carseat covers. Let me know how much it would cost.
I totally agree about the bloggin thing! Wow! I have the same car seat and I bought it for the same reason. I've always wanted to make a cover but didn't dare to. You are so talented! I totally would pay you to make one! You should definately set up an account. Selma is getting so big! :( and :)!
Im glad you joined, you guys will love it. I used to go to bodyattack, talk about a good work out, I went for 4 months strait and school got busy so I stopped but Im super nervous to go back because at first its killer until you get used to it. I usually go in the mornings too, so maybe I will see ya around.
wow steph i am impressed i would have never thought to make a car seat cover!! good job, i would buy one from ya, go for it!
Wow Steph.. you are the most popular blogger. I am like comment number 35!
I don't know if you remember me, but I am Steph Farnsworth's sister. I have been checking out your blog for a little while because I think you are so dang talented. Seriously.. Can you give me lessons or something?
I love love the carseat cover you made. Please start an etsy store.
And I have to say that your little Selma is darling! What a cutie.. just like her Mommy!
Post a Comment