So, I don't know if it's just that it's late and I'm tired but I'm feeling just a little blue tonight as I've been looking at pictures of Selma when she was a newborn and seeing her now as I was putting her to bed. I feel like she's growing up so so fast and it just makes me sad!

Is that normal?
I am so in love with her and being able to be with her all the time is wonderful and I don't want to miss anything. I feel like she's already changed so much and I don't want to forget anything or have any regrets. I'm already regretting feeling like I haven't documented her enough with pictures and video, I feel like I need to do better, I'm going to make that a New Years' resolution.

I love love love her and would do anything for her, she is so precious and has brought such a sweet spirit into our home, it's incredible being a mom. Having a sweet little life depend on us for absolutely everything is such an amazing responsibility and I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing us with the opportunity to be a parent.

I hope that I can cherish every moment and remember the way I'm feeling right now when I start to get a little frustrated if she won't fall asleep right away or when she's older when she makes messes or starts being sassy with me. I am incredibly thankful to be your mom, Selma. You are everything we imagined and so much more! We can't wait to see what your little personality will blossom in to and love the stages that you're in now, you are such a blessing in our lives, I love you my sweet little girl!

To document the past few weeks, she had her 2 week appointment on December 8th and I just realized I forgot to post about that. She was in the 50th percentile for her height, weight, and head circumference at 7 lbs. 5 oz., 19.5 in long and they never told me her head except that it was normal. She was such a brave little girl and only whimpered when they pricked her tiny foot to do the newborn screening test. I was glad that Sky could take his lunch and come to the appointment for support and so that he could hold her when she got her foot pricked, I love you sweetie!
Selma also got to meet her grandpa, my dad, for the first time when he, my step-mom and two half-siblings, Joey and Isabella, came to visit a couple weeks ago from Maryland. They're actually moving here in two weeks so that's pretty exciting for us! It was the first time that I got to meet my little half-sister, what a little doll, and a little ham too! It's funny that Selma has an aunt that's a year and a half older than her, I bet they'll be buddies :)





Selma's always been a pretty smiley baby when she's in that stage between sleep and awake but over the past couple days she's started smiling in reaction to our voices more than ever and when we sit there and play with her, we love it! It is so fun seeing her react! She's also finding her voice a little bit more and has been grunting up a storm!! I think the poor girl has inherited both of Sky's and my digestive systems and has an upset tummy which can make her just a little fussy at night.
Other than a tad bit of fussiness, she's such a great baby and a pretty good little sleeper too. She sleeps, usually, around 6 hours at night, the longest she's gone has been 7 so far so that's been great. The only downer is that she likes to become wide awake and alert at midnight and go to bed at 2 or 3 so we've been working on remedying that lately. Any tips are appreciated :) We've been having so much fun growing and learning with her and love her more everyday! More updates to come!

Is that normal?
I am so in love with her and being able to be with her all the time is wonderful and I don't want to miss anything. I feel like she's already changed so much and I don't want to forget anything or have any regrets. I'm already regretting feeling like I haven't documented her enough with pictures and video, I feel like I need to do better, I'm going to make that a New Years' resolution.
I love love love her and would do anything for her, she is so precious and has brought such a sweet spirit into our home, it's incredible being a mom. Having a sweet little life depend on us for absolutely everything is such an amazing responsibility and I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing us with the opportunity to be a parent.
I hope that I can cherish every moment and remember the way I'm feeling right now when I start to get a little frustrated if she won't fall asleep right away or when she's older when she makes messes or starts being sassy with me. I am incredibly thankful to be your mom, Selma. You are everything we imagined and so much more! We can't wait to see what your little personality will blossom in to and love the stages that you're in now, you are such a blessing in our lives, I love you my sweet little girl!
To document the past few weeks, she had her 2 week appointment on December 8th and I just realized I forgot to post about that. She was in the 50th percentile for her height, weight, and head circumference at 7 lbs. 5 oz., 19.5 in long and they never told me her head except that it was normal. She was such a brave little girl and only whimpered when they pricked her tiny foot to do the newborn screening test. I was glad that Sky could take his lunch and come to the appointment for support and so that he could hold her when she got her foot pricked, I love you sweetie!
Selma also got to meet her grandpa, my dad, for the first time when he, my step-mom and two half-siblings, Joey and Isabella, came to visit a couple weeks ago from Maryland. They're actually moving here in two weeks so that's pretty exciting for us! It was the first time that I got to meet my little half-sister, what a little doll, and a little ham too! It's funny that Selma has an aunt that's a year and a half older than her, I bet they'll be buddies :)
Selma's always been a pretty smiley baby when she's in that stage between sleep and awake but over the past couple days she's started smiling in reaction to our voices more than ever and when we sit there and play with her, we love it! It is so fun seeing her react! She's also finding her voice a little bit more and has been grunting up a storm!! I think the poor girl has inherited both of Sky's and my digestive systems and has an upset tummy which can make her just a little fussy at night.
Other than a tad bit of fussiness, she's such a great baby and a pretty good little sleeper too. She sleeps, usually, around 6 hours at night, the longest she's gone has been 7 so far so that's been great. The only downer is that she likes to become wide awake and alert at midnight and go to bed at 2 or 3 so we've been working on remedying that lately. Any tips are appreciated :) We've been having so much fun growing and learning with her and love her more everyday! More updates to come!
11 comments:
Awe...how sweet! Thanks for sharing you are a cute little mommy! It is such an amazing feeling holding a lil baby so young it's crazy to think that just a couple weeks ago our Heavenly Father was holding her. Life is so good, isn't it!? :)
all of that is so true, I miss Trae being so little but then I love how big he is getting and I love watching him grow and learn! YOur right being a parent is the most wonderful thing ever!
I think Selma is looking alot like her daddy! She is super cute! yOUr a great mother!
oh, ps the sadness part is totally normal, its your postpardumness kickin in!
Babies do grow up so fast! My little baby will be 2 in a week! I can't believe it! Selma is so precious, and I am happy for her that she got to meet her grandpa!
Selma is such a little doll! She looks so beautiful in all of her pictures.
As far as helping her sleep at night, I have heard when they wake up for night feedings, you should not talk to them like you do during the day. This stimulates them and wakes them up so quiet feedings allows them to go back down more easily.
Selma is such a little doll! She looks so beautiful in all of her pictures.
As far as helping her sleep at night, I have heard when they wake up for night feedings, you should not talk to them like you do during the day. This stimulates them and wakes them up so quiet feedings allows them to go back down more easily.
I agree with Holly, Selma is looking so much like Skyler! She's so cute, I really want to see her! Your little sister is way cute, too!
Steph I'm so sorry I haven't come to see you and Selma yet. I've really wanted to but I can't seem to keep Liz (or lately myself) healthy enough to be around little babies. She is so cute and you are already such a sweet mom. Hopefully we will get to visit soon. I'll give you call first. :)
Aw your little Selma is so adorable! Congrats again, she is such a cutie!
STEPH!!! Of freaking course I remember you. I haven't seen you since you got MARRIED! And now you have a beautiful little girl. Girls are THEEE best! Much congratulations, and PLEASE email me so we can catch up!
reggspyt@hotmail.com
Give that lil' beauty a squeeze for me!
Selma is so cute Steph! Congratulations! I'm sorry to say that it only gets sadder from here-they just keep growing. But it's so fun and exciting too. I think you've done a great job of documenting! And you'll always have that. Way to go!
Post a Comment