Monday, August 25, 2008

An IKEA Nursery Story..

As we've been getting closer to Baby Chugg's much anticipated arrival, we've been slowly but surely getting the nursery together. I posted pictures of our crib awhile ago that we found at Downeast and were going to get the matching dresser to go with it. Before we went to get it, however, we stopped by our friend's house, Kami & Dax, and saw their cute little guy's nursery with a dresser that she had painted and antiqued a navy blue and we immediately fell in love.

We decided to save a few dollars and found a dresser at IKEA (see below)

Before..


During..


I'm in love with Cover Stain from Kwal, it's a primer that you can tint that sticks to already finished wood so that you don't have to sand it down before painting, love it!! It totally saved my life when we bought our condo and I decided that I had to paint the cabinets (which I will never do again, it took forever!!)


The finished product, the green monster dresser..


I can't wait to see what it looks like when the rest of the nursery's done, I'm hoping that it'll tie in nicely with the bedding that I'm getting the fabric for this weekend, so excited!!



7 comments:

Clark Family said...

I love it!! What a great idea, and it looks so cute!

The Taylor Family said...

I love how you destressed the dresser! What's your secret? How'd you do it?

Shanda said...

I can't wait to see the completed room! It is going to be so freaking cute!

Chantel and Brian said...

I LOVE it. You better put on a finished product picture when the room is ready for baby Chugg!

Kami said...

It turned out SO stinking cute! I love it so much more than a matching one for sure! It will give your nursery a little bit of pop! Good Job=!

Randi Patch said...

It turned out so cute. I am going to have to come over soon and check it out

hoLLY said...

good work I love it!