Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post Christmas Relaxation

I can't even believe that Christmas already came and went, time has just been flying right on by, it's crazy!! I hope everybody had a great time with their families and friends, this is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. As for our Christmas, it was semi-uneventful, other than the fact that the only time I ever seem to get sick is around Christmas, coincidence? I think not.. Stress related? Definite possibility..

It was our second Christmas as a married couple and last year, since it was our first Christmas, we didn't skimp out on buying gifts for each other and we wanted to make sure that we made each other happy with all of our wonderful presents and they ended up being a lot of random things that we hardly ever use now so this year we decided to be a little more practical and save the present money for a little vacation for us this next year, yay! One of my favorite gifts from Sky: Saturday's Warrior on DVD! I'm a geek :)



Cheesy, yes, but this is one of my most favorite movies and I'm about to watch it for the first time in awhile, boy, am I excited! My parents got us a Magic Bullet (if you haven't seen them, they're these little blender things, they're awesome, google 'em!) and an ice-cream maker attachment for our KitchenAid, love it! Over the past few months we've accumulated some Best Buy gift cards and so Sky's parents gave us another Best Buy gift card so that we can fulfill Sky's dream of getting, drum roll please, a Wii! He is so super excited and we are so spoiled and blessed!! A million thank you's to everybody for sharing in this Christmas season with us, we love you all!!

As for trying to relax after all those crazy pre-Christmas days filled with scrapbooking and piano-playing (gifts for some of my favorite people in the world, the Garns.. I'm kind of regretting that I didn't take a picture of the scrapbook because I never scrapbook and it turned out surprisingly okay!), my sister and I decided to give ourselves manicures with her new manicure set and pedicures in my mom's new foot spa that they got for Christmas, it was so nice!! Sadly, I didn't take pictures because I gave Sky a pedicure and I think I got him hooked!! (Don't worry sweetie, it doesn't make you any less of a man :) Here are some random pictures from our Christmas morning:

Sky not letting me get a picture of him in his Christmas Eve PJs


Dan and Kate spacing out :)


My cute mom reading us the Christmas story in Luke


Sky & me in the Christmas PJs we picked out for each other in all our glory (hence the hair and lack of makeup, well, at least for me :)


Welp, sorry about the lengthy post, I guess it's about time for it to come to an end, just like Christmas :( This was a really great Christmas for us, we tried to make it as non-commercial as possible and we did a pretty good job although we are definitely far from getting to where we should be. I've discovered that the more I focus on what I want to give other people and how I can make them happy, the happier I am! No brainer huh? I just want to let everybody know how much I love and appreciate you and all you do for us, we couldn't do it without our family and friends that's for sure! And, of course, to my cute husband, thank you for being so patient and great with me, and for caring about our blog too! I love reading your posts, keep it up dude!! It's not too late to say Merry Christmas is it? :)

No comments: